Is the MK60DN512ZVLL10 kinetis part supported by KSDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the MK60DN512ZVLL10 kinetis part supported by KSDK

jonny
Contributor I

Is the K60 part with the following part number supported by KSDK (v1.3)?

MK60DN512ZVLL10

I can find it in the 'Supported MCU devices and development boards' section on page 3 of the 'Kinetis SDK v.1.3.0 Release Notes',

I can only find MK60 parts in the table without the Z (i.e. MK60DN512VLL10).

I was hoping to port over 2 old projects, some MCUs have the mask 4N30D and some are 8N30D

If its not supported, will it be?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jonathan Whyatt:

The MK60DN512ZVLL10 Kinetis MCU has an older silicon revision for the K60_100 MHz parts (rev 1.x). This part is not recommended for new designs and unfortunately the KSDK platform will not support it.

All the details about major changes between revisions 1.x and 2.x can be found in the application note AN4445:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4445.pdf

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jonny
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

is there a way I can modify the ksdk to support the older chips? I think I read that there was a way somewhere in this forum but I cant find it now?

Also would are there issues/software changes needed with using the newer revision silicon on our older projects/boards? With cw 10.6 and MQX 4.1.1?

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jonathan,

If you have a look at the AN that Jorge mentions, you will see that it should be quite easy to create a project for the MK60DN512ZVLL10 and then modify it to work in your chip. Or you could just change the old chip for a new one if you haven't started production design yet, since they are pin to pin compatible, and develop the SW based on the KSDK for the new chip.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan,

yes, of course.

This is the guide for KSDK migration.

I´m not sure, what do you mean by the last sentence.

Also would are there issues/software changes needed with using the newer revision silicon on our older projects/boards? With cw 10.6 and MQX 4.1.1?

You ask for KSDK guide and MQX 4.1.1 and CW 10.6 together?

KSDK does not support CW.

If you mean MQX for KSDK, please see MQX™ RTOS for Kinetis SDK v1.3|NXP

If you mean separately MQX, please see MQX™ Software Solutions|NXP

For changes with MQX, please see Change Log for MQX RTOS from Version 3.0.0 to 4.2.0

or Release Note, please see Documentation.

I hope this helps.

Iva

0 Kudos