cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a project in KDS for a custom board

petershih
Contributor III

Dear All:

I have a custom board made already with MK60FN1M0VLQ15 and the firmware has been developed by CW10.6 with MQX4.1. In the near future, we are going to use KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.2.0 for new board in new project. Currently, I am using this existing custom board as my starting learning point. There are so many resources and nor sure which way to go:

1. If I understand correct, I need to select a closed evaluation board as a base, and create project by "KSDK project generator". I am not sure which evaluation board I should start from?

2. Or if there is a better way to start a custom board?

3. How do I change CPU clock setting from original supported to 150MHz?

If anyone had experience, please let me know any suggestion. Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter.

We have created document for porting KSDK to custom chip.

The document shows you needed steps as how to create the device specific files, build the platform library, you must create configuration files for the board and modify them.

Please, check attached files.

You can also take a look at this similar post

How to create a custom board project based on K64

Please, let me know, if it helps you.

Iva

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

i recommend you check if these documents can help:

How to start customized KSDK project based on KSDK demo code

How To: Create a New MQX RTOS for KSDK Project in KDS

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

petershih
Contributor III

Hi Jun:

Thanks your reply. The document you mentioned I have went through. However, it doesn't fit to my situation. Those documents are pretty much based on a evaluation board. I would like to start my project on my custom board. I also would like to modify clock settings to support 150MHz core speed. If you have any other better suggestion, please let me know. Thanks!

Peter

0 Kudos