FRDM_K64F ethernet  driver can not get multicast UDP packets.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM_K64F ethernet  driver can not get multicast UDP packets.

jodyli
Contributor I

Hi all,

We are using FRDM_K64F platform for our development.

We would like to get multicast UDP packets from other sending,but receive nothing in application socket layer.

Add some logs in k64f_enetif_input() to show source MAC and destination MAC.But not get multicast UDP sender‘s MAC, so I believe ethernet driver do not send multicast UDP packets to TCP/IP stack.

source code is newest, so I think there is something wrong about FRDM_K64F ethernet registers setting.

Any comments would be really appreciated!

BRs,

Jody

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jodyli
Contributor I

Hi Garabo,

Thanks your answer!

My problem is similar with Brian.My system can not get incoming mDNS reply from others.We do not find any mDNS reply packets in ethernet driver rx interrupt handle function.

I send mDNS probe packets out,for I can get them through wireshark.

Do you think Joining a multicast group in software can affect ethernet driver rx?

BRs,

Jody

0 Kudos

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jody,

At level driver you should be receiving the packages. Are you using a custom driver? Is this MQX? Have you tried to see the packages with the MQX driver interrupt? My suggestion is to give a try with the MQX application and then do a reverse engineering.

Have a great day,
Garabo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jodyli
Contributor I

Hi Garabo,

My project platform is FRDM_K64F mbed not MQX. Source code come from https://developer.mbed.org/compiler/#nav:/CyaSSL-Twilio-FRDM;

My board web page is http://developer.mbed.org/platforms/FRDM-K64F/

Is there any standard ethernet driver for this board?

BRs,

Jody

0 Kudos

Richard2
Contributor III

The K64 has a built-in filter that will block all multicast, broadcast and packets addressed elsewhere at the hardware level. This is an excellent feature!

However, the filter must be configured correctly or disabled (Promiscuous mode), or the driver will never receive these packets. Unfortunately I have found the documentation about this configuration to be quite unclear, and assumes a lot of background knowledge that most people don't have.

I posted last year in the mbed forums about this, and wrote how to enable Promiscuous mode:
EthernetInterface Multicast UDP does not work at all on FRDMK64 | mbed

This is however a bad way to make mutlicast work.

This thread contains some information about doing it correctly:

Re: lwip multicast

I'm not sure if Jose or Wesley have submitted a patch to the mbed project yet. If not then I will start looking at doing this, as my K64 project also requires multicast support.

0 Kudos

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jody,

The mbed is a good platform. I have used it myself. However you can not debug with their online IDE. I think they have a desktop version. You will need to explore that area.

The other option is to try MQX and if it works for you then you can copy the code for the ethernet driver and turn it as a bareboard driver.

The last option is to take look to the KSDK (Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale) ethernet driver. It is the most similar to a bareboard driver that we have.

Hope this helps.
Have a great day,
Garabo

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jody,

Maybe this answer can help you: Re: mDNS issue

Please let us know.

Have a great day,
Garabo

0 Kudos