Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an oxide film

Jump to solution
jun1
Contributor V

Hi.

Thank you for your help.

Please teach by controlling DC motor with brush.
I heard that if it doesn't work for a long period of time, an oxide film may form on the brush and it may not work.
Please let me know if you know any software or hardware measures.
I am studying with a motor voltage of 6V.

jun

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jun,

Hope you are doing well.

I do not understand your question very well. If you are looking for information on DC motor with brush we do not have a tutorial on how they work. I'd recommend to check other resources for an explanation of the oxide film and what can occur physically to the motor. 

A simple guide on brushed DC motor controlled by LPC can be found in this application note. Here you will find some fundamentals of a brushed DC motor, but it does not go into details like the oxide film.

If you need help on how to control a DC motor, please let me know what microcontroller you are using so that I can help you with the correct information.

Hope it helps!

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jun1
Contributor V

Hi.

Thank you very much.
OK.

jun.

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jun,

Hope you are doing well.

I do not understand your question very well. If you are looking for information on DC motor with brush we do not have a tutorial on how they work. I'd recommend to check other resources for an explanation of the oxide film and what can occur physically to the motor. 

A simple guide on brushed DC motor controlled by LPC can be found in this application note. Here you will find some fundamentals of a brushed DC motor, but it does not go into details like the oxide film.

If you need help on how to control a DC motor, please let me know what microcontroller you are using so that I can help you with the correct information.

Hope it helps!

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!