Replacement solution for KMS position control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement solution for KMS position control

M_Grillo
Contributor III

We have a recent design about to go into to prototype production using the KV31F based off the reference design of the Freedom dev board. I developed the firmware around KMS's position control libraries and APIs for position control with encoder feedback, (close looped). With the abrupt discontinuation from NXP to discontinue KMS has left us in a pickle. I downloaded and installed the resent SDK 2.6 and MCUXpresso. First pass through the source and documentation don't show any support or examples for encoder closed loop position control. Only open and closed loop speed or constant velocity control. Are there any solutions for closed loop position control?

Thanks,

Mark

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petersch
Contributor I

Hi Mark,

I have/had the same problem. I would try AN12374SW. It is recently updated and works now also with MCUXpresso.

I am investigating this apllication to replace my KMS implementation and have already made some good progress also using KV31F using sensored (encoder feedback) FOC.

It works with Freemaster+MCAT and I got it running with little effort just following the included documentation.

I has sensored, sensorless and hall FOC control options and also closed loop speed control.

The framework setup look pretty good and I think it will solve my problem.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos