cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing KMS to MCUXpresso

PedroCastro
Contributor III

Hi,

I developed a control system using KMS, but I have to associate the generated code with the firmware I have already made. I noticed the KMS uses its own RTOS I am already using FreeRTOS. Since importing from KDS to MCUXpresso has not worked for me(I have done the tutorials), I would like some help to do it. First of all, can I take the UART and RDA part of the code out? the function OSA_Init(), that initializes the RTOS, is only needed if I use communication drivers?

Thanks in advance for your help

Labels (1)
7 Replies

PedroCastro
Contributor III

AdamReynolds‌ Do you guys have an idea if the KMS for KSDK 2.0 and MCUXpresso will be available soon?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Pedro,

Good news!  The latest version of Kinetis Motor Suite that support MCPXpresso IDE and SDK is now available:

KINETIS MOTOR SUITE: Easy motor control development solution for BLDC and PMSM motors.|NXP 

You can use the above link to download it.

renato_kiss
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pedro,

As Adam wrote, the newest version supports MCUXpresso for BLDC and PMSM. It is version 1.2.0.

This version also supports Sensorless ACIM control in both IAR Workbench and KDS IDEs.

Another useful (maybe for your application) feature is the new control implemented. Besides sensorless velocity, sensored velocity and sensored position, it is now included Sensorless velocity with Hall Sensors Startup. This new control schema can be very useful when huge variation on speed when switch from open loop to closed loop is not allowed, for example. 

Thanks a lot.

Renato Kiss

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Pedro,

KMS does not make use of an RTOS. It is purely interrupt driven.

MCUXpresso support is expected by the end of the year.

0 Kudos

PedroCastro
Contributor III

One more question. When the MCUXpresso will be supported by KMS? By the end of the year or earlier?

0 Kudos

PedroCastro
Contributor III

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Which RTOS is used in the generated code?

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Pedro,

Once you are done using the KMS PC GUI you can remove all of the UART and RDA code components.

I would not recommend importing from KDS into MCUXpresso.  There are some significant changes that had to be made in order to support MCUXpresso with KMS.  That will be made available later this year.

0 Kudos