Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting KMS to FRDM-KV31F

Jump to solution
PaulTan
Contributor III

KMS-Problem1.PNG

KMS-Problem2.PNG

I've tried disconnecting the board, reconnecting it, closing KMS, reopening it, but I cannot seem to get a connection.

KMS-Problem3.PNG

The board information seems ok.

Can someone help me and let me know what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks.

Paul Tan.

Exadler Technologies Inc.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
renato_kiss
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

There is few information so I will assume you have a KMS capable MCU and KMS image was not erase. And right COM port was selected.

In this case, I suppose you have and old image, not supported in KMS1.2 and you need to update it. After communication fail screen, go to Project menu and Select Load Application Image.

Reset board and try to connect again.

Thanks a lot.

Renato Kiss

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

I took at your company's website.  Some interesting products and more coming it seems. 

One thing that could be useful from NXP enablement is the implementation of a multi-motor FOC control with the KV46.  We just announced KMS support for the KV46 but we don't yet have samples available for it other than ones I can create on my bench.  Also no one has implemented dual motor control with KMS.  It's possible but it has not been done yet.

Enjoy your work with KMS. 

Philip Drake

Systems Applications Engineer

PaulTan
Contributor III

Thanks!  That fixed the problem!!!

KMS-Fixed.PNG

0 Kudos
renato_kiss
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

There is few information so I will assume you have a KMS capable MCU and KMS image was not erase. And right COM port was selected.

In this case, I suppose you have and old image, not supported in KMS1.2 and you need to update it. After communication fail screen, go to Project menu and Select Load Application Image.

Reset board and try to connect again.

Thanks a lot.

Renato Kiss

0 Kudos
PaulTan
Contributor III

Hi Renato,

Thanks for the quick reply.  What application image do I load?  

EDIT: Never mind, I just realized it was looking for the nxpresso path.  I'm loading the application image now, and will update you.  Thanks!

Paul Tan.

0 Kudos