Motion Sequence Builder will not compile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Sequence Builder will not compile

mikebrayii
Contributor II

When using the Motion Sequence Builder tool in the Kinetis Motor Suite, I am having trouble compiling the code. Everything works fine when I am working in sensored velocity, but when I am in sensored position it fails to compile. I looked through the log file, and its failing with it can't find the MotionSequence.h file. Which is odd because the related *.c file on the line above is called MotionSequencePos.c and there is a MotionSequencePos.h. I tried renaming MotionSequencePos.h to what the makefile was looking for, but the build still fails further down the line. Is there any reason why motion Sequence Builder just isn't working? I'm not doing anything complex.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Michael,

I'm a bit confused.  Are you trying to copy your motion sequence from a sensored velocity project into a position project?

Also what version of KMS are you using?

0 Kudos

mikebrayii
Contributor II

I started off in just the Sensored Position project, but it failed to compile. So I created a new project that was Sensored Velocity and uploaded the example code and that compiled fine.

KMS Ver. 1.0.1.5617

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Michael,

Gotcha.  That is a known issue with version 1.0.1 of KMS.  My suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest version as we have made additional improvements.  If this isn't feasible, attach your .kms file and I can fix the issue in that file manually.

mikebrayii
Contributor II

you were right. I updated the KMS and everything compiled fine. Thank you!

0 Kudos