Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Linix Motor's Rotor Flux

Jump to solution
jacob_andrade
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to measure the Rotor Flux of the Linix Motor, but I am getting the "KMS has detected a sensor issue. Please confirm usage of an incremental encoder...." error.

I have tried multiple pin arrangements, and each time confirmed that when rotating the motor anticlockwise (while looking at the shaft) that the position feedback is positive.

However I'm not sure which of the encoder wires coming out of the motor do what.

I have made the assumption that red wire is +5V so should be connected to J8 (Sensor Input) pin 1, which is the pin furthest from the Motor Output J7

Then I assumed that black wire was GND, so I connected it in pin 2 of J8 (directly beside the +5V red wire).

Now I am not sure what to so with white, blue, and green. Which one is Enc_A, Enc_B, and Enc_I?

My Motor Output J7 is configured as follows:

White phase closest to Sensor Inputs J8

Blue phase in the middle

Green phase closest to DC Barrel Jack

nxpppp.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Jacob,

The Linix motor doesn't have an encoder so it cannot work with the Sensored Velocity or Position reference projects. The reason you are running into issues with the Rotor Flux measurement is that the Sensored Velocity and Position reference projects rely on the encoder in order to spin the motor and measure the flux. Since there is no encoder present, that is why it will fail.

The Linix motor has hall effect sensors, which will allow you to work with the Sensorless Velocity - Hall Start project. If you with you use the Sensored Velocity or Position reference projects you will need to either mount an encoder to your Linix motor or find a motor that has an encoder connected.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Jacob,

The Linix motor doesn't have an encoder so it cannot work with the Sensored Velocity or Position reference projects. The reason you are running into issues with the Rotor Flux measurement is that the Sensored Velocity and Position reference projects rely on the encoder in order to spin the motor and measure the flux. Since there is no encoder present, that is why it will fail.

The Linix motor has hall effect sensors, which will allow you to work with the Sensorless Velocity - Hall Start project. If you with you use the Sensored Velocity or Position reference projects you will need to either mount an encoder to your Linix motor or find a motor that has an encoder connected.