Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV31F adc offset and current sensor calibration fault

Jump to solution
joãopaulo
Contributor III

Hello,

I just unboxed my new FRDM-KV31F and FRDM-GD3000EVB and FRDM-PWRSTG1EVB.

I preformed the following actions:

- Downloaded KMS and KDS;

- Connected KV31F;

- The red/blue led started blinking (as expected);

- Started Kinetis Motor Suite

- Connected to the target

- My pack has 20V;

- I'm using a bldc motor;

- Two faults are preventing me from proceeding past step 2:

Current Sensor Calibration Fault

ADC Offset Fault

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

João Paulo

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KMS is compatible with only one FRDM power stage,  the FRDM-MC-LVPMSM power stage.

The FRDM-GD3000EVB is designed for BLDC trapezoidal control using back EMF voltage for sensorless control.

KMS uses phase current feedback to control the motor with Field Oriented Control (FOC). That is why the fault message are being received.

Sorry but if you want to work with KMS you must obtain the correct power stage, If you want to use the Motor control reference designs provided by NXP it would be possible to use your existing board.

Regards,

Philip

View solution in original post

5 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KMS is compatible with only one FRDM power stage,  the FRDM-MC-LVPMSM power stage.

The FRDM-GD3000EVB is designed for BLDC trapezoidal control using back EMF voltage for sensorless control.

KMS uses phase current feedback to control the motor with Field Oriented Control (FOC). That is why the fault message are being received.

Sorry but if you want to work with KMS you must obtain the correct power stage, If you want to use the Motor control reference designs provided by NXP it would be possible to use your existing board.

Regards,

Philip

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

João Paulo,

I am trying to find out how you ended up buying the wrong hardware for KMS.  Who or what link suggested that the GDS3000 board would work with KMS?

You are not the first one to do this and I would like to find the source of the mis-information if it exists.

Best Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos
joãopaulo
Contributor III

Philip,

The source of this mis-information was someone of the support,

I told I wanted to use the KMS feature to control motor and he recommended the kv31 and the others boadrs I told above.

One more question, May I use KMS to control a BLDC motor?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

João Paulo

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the information, Was the support team from NXP or a distributor?   I will try to correct the incorrect information.

Yes, KMS can control a BLDC motor, absolutely. The KV31 FRDM board has a KMS enabled MCU on the board.

If you want to get samples for your own customer board you need to make sure the part number has a "P" suffix.

for some direct information I have created a Getting started page for KMS at nxp.com/kms

Regards,

Philip

joãopaulo
Contributor III

The person was from NXP.. but I think he was allocated to other area, because he stopped supporting us.

So I need to acquire the FRDM-MC-LVPMSM-ND to use KMS to control a BLDC motor right?

Is there a way to get one as sample?

Thanks,

Regards,

João

0 Kudos