cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMS won't connect to kv31f board.

Jump to solution
jacobm
Contributor II

All I get is "Could not verify communication over port", I have tried multiple different bootloaders, the openSDA serial port shows up in device manager. The SDK is installed. I installed KDS 3.0 as a few posts said it doesn't work on 3.2. I did manage to connect in KDS and flash one of the example projects via debug. Now I don't know if it preserved the motor code as documentation offers little information beyond saying not to erase it. The board actually had the mbed bootloader when I first used it, is it supposed to be configured like that? None of the KMS documentation had anything about having to replace the mbed loader. I looked to see if there were multiple kv31f variants but they all seem to be the one that should have the motor control software.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Jacob,

Have you been able to contact Mouser and get a replacement board?

The other option I can offer is to do the re-programming of the debug and the KMS library here at NXP or I can do an exchange with you.

Let me know how you want to resolve this.

Best Regards,

Philip

View solution in original post

13 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The  board you have indicated is shipped with MBED bootloader, means that it may not support KMS.  It's a FRDM board, correct? And did it have the Freescale packaging? If it had the NXP packaging then there is a problem.  We re-programmed all of the units in our warehouse with the FRDM-KV31F bootloader and debug interface, Not MBED.

I'm positive that KDS 3.0 without the P&E Micro eclipse updates does a mass erase.  So however you got here the KMS library is probably gone.  I'm not clear from your description whether you have completed all of the eclipse updates. 

Coming soon will be a version of KMS that is compatible with KDS 3.2 (also needs eclipse updates).

If you want to do KMS sounds like you need to get a new board.  From whom did you purchase the board ?

0 Kudos
jacobm
Contributor II

I bought it from mouser, it's the latest NXP packaging.

Details on serials.

(1p)MPM:FRDM-KV31F

(1T)LOT:AOEB162401

(9D)DTE:1624

(Q)QTY:1

(2P)REV:AO

(X)LPN:EB0003125

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacob,

I've done a little digging.  There was a shipment from Freescale to Mouser of 3 ea FRDM-KV31F board that did not get the re-work we did in February.  You must have received one of these units.  The board you have is not KMS enabled.

Please contact Mouser and ask for a replacement.

I apologize for the incovenience.

Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Jacob,

Have you been able to contact Mouser and get a replacement board?

The other option I can offer is to do the re-programming of the debug and the KMS library here at NXP or I can do an exchange with you.

Let me know how you want to resolve this.

Best Regards,

Philip

jacobm
Contributor II

They sent me another, should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Are there any plans for a more permanent versions for the KMS software? Ti have their's in the hardware, STM just have a precompiled library, making it impossible to replace by the user is not good if the device must be flashed for some reason.

0 Kudos
jacobm
Contributor II

The replacement is the same batch, same issue MBED firmware. Were the non-KMS ones recalled or distributors notified of the ones missing KMS?

0 Kudos
markhouston-pro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacob, as Philip states, this batch of boards appears to have slipped through the final stage of prep when loading the KMS library to the flash.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please send me a email directly (available from my profile) with your shipping address and I'll ship you a new FRDM-KV31F board with the correct programming.

sincerely,

Mark

Global Product Manager

0 Kudos
jacobm
Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help, it doesn't let me send you a direct message. If you can just send me an email at development@varanidcs.com.au I will reply with shipping info.

Regards,

Jacob Martyr

0 Kudos
markhouston-pro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacob, I just email sent to the email address you list above.

Mark

0 Kudos
jacobm
Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Did you receive my shipping details in the email I replied to? I though maybe it was just in transit but nothing came this week.

Regards,

Jacob Martyr

0 Kudos
markhouston-pro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacob, its shipping directly from our warehouse. I'm chasing it down.

0 Kudos
jacobm
Contributor II

Any idea if they sent one yet? 

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'll check.  I'm looking for a resolution to the issue. Yes we did inform each of the distributors. What I might do is swap the boards with you. I'll be in touch today.

Philip

0 Kudos