Hello I am trying to get KMS V1.1 to connect to custom hardware I have developed essentially modeling off of the HVPMC3PH platform and HVP-KV31F120M plugin board. I am using IAR as my compiler. The toolchain works fine with the HVPMC3PH platform.
Custom Hardware: USB Port ->FT230X->KV31F256VLH12P
KMS to Custom Hardware...?
1) Should the USB connection from a PC with KMS connect automatically with a KV31P with KMS on it? I.E. - Configure the GUI to the correct COM port and 115.2K Baud?
2) Assuming 1) is the case I am not able to connect to the KV31FP via KMS. I would like to try to program the KV31FP directly via a Segger J-LINK and opening the IAR project as I have a 10pin SWD connector on the PCB also. I am concerned with erasing the KMS library that is resident on the device. Can you provide instructions or validate how I can assure that using IAR 7.8 & a J-LINK I won't erase the KMS Library?
3) Any other ideas as to how to debug the PC/USB interface? I have a Saleae in which I can probe the UART Lines from the PC to the KV31FP but I am not sure of the command/response sequences I would be looking for to determine if the UART data is valid or not...
Thanks for the reply and really unfortunate news. So with what you have indicated above I need to 100% clarify some items.
1) Is there any means we will have access to the KMS Library that normally comes on the KV31 'P' MCU's?
2) Believing that your answer is No based on what you are indicating above and so as to NOT Leave Us Unsupported can you tell me the name of the company the developed the KMS Motor Suite as from my recollection this was developed by a 3rd party in which possibly we could engage with them to continue forward with this on the KV31F.
I already had all the Appnotes except for AN12374, Thanks. Please let me know on 1) and 2).
1) The KMS library is not available for anyone any longer.
2) The company that developed KMS was Linestream. They were purchased by Danfoss. They are no longer supporting the IP.
NXP has been doing motor control with the Kinetis V series long before the introduction of KMS. The Motor control solutions are the basis for many a customers equipment or appliance. The tools, Freemaster with MCAT, are not as easy to use as KMS but will perform the motor tuning. We are working on making them easier to use and able to cross platforms.
What KMS type of project are you using. Position, velocity, sensorless/ sensored. ?
did you use the state machine generation tool to drive your application?
What is your timeline to complete your application?