cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to program MK20DX128VFM5 for TWR-KV46F150M

Jump to solution
iskim
Contributor II

Recently, I designed my circuit board exactly the same as the TWR-KV46F150M board.

Due to the MK20DX128VFM5 is blank, I need to program P&E Micro v119 image (.sda file) or CMSIS-DAP Debug Application for OpenSDAv1 image.

Here's how to write a program I know.

First, I need USB Multilink Universal FX, PROGACMP to write sda file to the MK20DX128VFM5 (http://www.pemicro.com/forums/forum.cfm?forum_topic_id=4997).

Second, if I want to use CMSIS-DAP image, I need LPC-Link 2. But, I have only LPC1200 Rev. B board.

My questions are below:

1. Is there any way to write sda program with LPC1200 board?

2. How to write CMSIS-DAP image to the MK20DX128VFM5 with LPC1200?

3. Can I dump the memory of MK20DX128VFM5 of TWR-KV46F150M board? If it is possible, how can I do it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should read up on this at Seggers web site. The MK20DX is the MCU for the Kinetis version of the OPENSDA. 

The customer board usually does not have the debug probe on it.  You can not populate the circuit and just plug in a compatible debug probe onto the SWD 10 pin or JTAG 20 pin header. 

Look at P&E micros web site for compatible probes for Kinetis MCUs

Segger makes an inexpensive jlink lite that will work in this manner and provide download and debug functionality.  

You do not want a LPC-link2 or LPC1200 board.  They won't work. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should read up on this at Seggers web site. The MK20DX is the MCU for the Kinetis version of the OPENSDA. 

The customer board usually does not have the debug probe on it.  You can not populate the circuit and just plug in a compatible debug probe onto the SWD 10 pin or JTAG 20 pin header. 

Look at P&E micros web site for compatible probes for Kinetis MCUs

Segger makes an inexpensive jlink lite that will work in this manner and provide download and debug functionality.  

You do not want a LPC-link2 or LPC1200 board.  They won't work. 

0 Kudos