Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How control Torque in Position Mode?

Jump to solution
sergigomis
Contributor III

Hi.

There are any configuration for control the torque of motor when I use the Position Control Mode ?

By default, in position mode, the motor use all torque posible. I need control (decrease) the torque in certains circunstances.

In KMS I don't see any variable to do this.

In Sensored Velocity, the torque mode, don't works for me, because I need a fixed position Setpoint.

Thank's

Sergi.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Sergi,

In KMS we don't expose the control to directly limit the maximum (and minimum) torque that can be commanded by the position controller.  But this control does exist in the firmware.  

You can add it to the watch window, it has the following configuration:

2017-02-27 08_16_26-Variable Definition.png

The corresponding negative limit is position.config.IqRefMin.  

KMS initially configures these to be equal to the Rated Current * sqrt(2).  They can be freely modified at run-time, just ensure that position.config.IqRefMax is always greater than position.config.IqRefMin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Sergi,

In KMS we don't expose the control to directly limit the maximum (and minimum) torque that can be commanded by the position controller.  But this control does exist in the firmware.  

You can add it to the watch window, it has the following configuration:

2017-02-27 08_16_26-Variable Definition.png

The corresponding negative limit is position.config.IqRefMin.  

KMS initially configures these to be equal to the Rated Current * sqrt(2).  They can be freely modified at run-time, just ensure that position.config.IqRefMax is always greater than position.config.IqRefMin.

0 Kudos
sergigomis
Contributor III

Hi Adam.

Great !!!!

Only one annotation:

The variables to modify are  "user.command.IqRefMax" and "user.command.IqRefMin".

Works very good !!

Thanks again for your solution Adam.

Sergi.