HVP-MC3PH KMS Gui: "Run Project on MCU" does not work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVP-MC3PH KMS Gui: "Run Project on MCU" does not work?

appioninc
Contributor II

Hello,

This has turned into a rather urgent issue...

Setup:

HVP-MC3PH => Modified Phase & PFC resistor dividers and Shunt Resistors to handle 16A.

KMS_Studio Path:  E:\Freescale\KMS\KinetisMotorSuite.exe

KSDK1.3: E:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0

IAR7.70:  E:\Programs\IAR_7.70

I have a HVP-MC3PH Eval Kit.  Being that it comes configured with an 8A current limit it had a very difficult time getting our motor started and constantly had an OC fault.  Once the BLDC motor spun it was fine with Sensorless control.  To avoid this and knowing the Fairchild driver on this board could handle 15A continuous I have modified the boards Resistor dividers to handle up to 16A as is described in the "Protection and Hardware Changes v4" document for both the Phase and PFC current sense dividers. 

QUESTION:  Why limit this Eval Kit to just 8A with a Driver that can handle up to 15A anyways? 

My issue is coming after I have updated the values using the KMS GUI and I go to "Run Project on MCU". 

It fails on running the Batch file KmsIarPostBuildStep.bat and gives a cryptic error shown further below.

I have verified the batch file is running as I have modified it to simply write to a txt file with some text and it does write to the text file using the following batch file command => echo "Hello Frank" >e:\Appion_Design\data\test.txt

The other thing that doesn't make any sense is I can run the Batch file from a command line and it performs fine?  The isue is the GUI does not understand that the *.srec has been updated and the updated 16A values are not taken into consideration and/or maybe this is not truly getting loaded into the MCU itself or they are out of synch in some form or fashion.  Regardless, the "Run Project on MCU" fails and the KMS GUI is not reading the updated values and creates a fault

NOTE:  "Load Application Image" works fine but again does not update the KMS Studio GUI correctly with the new values.

QUESTION:  Could this be being caused because I have KMS Studio installed on a different Drive (E:) versus where the IAR projects are stored which is in the "documents" path which is on the C: drive?

KMS GUI Output from "Run Project on MCU"

Starting Processing
Building an IAR project at C:\Users\fdroberts2\Documents\KMS_1.1.0\SavedProjects\HVPKV31F120M_HVP_16A\tools\..\KDS_WS
IAR Workbench Found at E:\Programs\IAR_7.70
Project File is "C:\Users\fdroberts2\Documents\KMS_1.1.0\SavedProjects\HVPKV31F120M_HVP_16A\tools\..\IAR\hvpkv31f120m_SNLESSVEL_IAR.ewp"
Building project
This may take several minutes...

IAR Command Line Build Utility V7.5.1.4405
     Copyright 2002-2016 IAR Systems AB.

Building configuration: ksdk_platform_lib - Release
Updating build tree...

Configuration is up-to-date.

Building configuration: ksdk_startup_lib - Release
Updating build tree...

Configuration is up-to-date.

Deleting outputs for configuration Release
Updating build tree...

16  file(s) deleted.

Building configuration: HVPKV31F120M_SNLESSVEL_IAR - Release
Updating build tree...
adc_sys.c
drv.c
dsm.c
dsm_sys.c
feedback_3ph.c
flash_config.c
hw_pins_init.c
main.c
MotionSequence.c
pwm_sys.c
qei_sys.c
rda_bsp_kv3.c
rda_uart_fsl_sdk.c
user.c
Linking
Performing Post-Build Action
Error while running "C:\Users\fdroberts2\Documents\KMS_1.1.0\SavedProjects\HVPKV31F120M_HVP_16A\IAR\KmsIarPostBuildStep.bat" "C:\Users\fdroberts2\Documents\KMS_1.1.0\SavedProjects\HVPKV31F120M_HVP_16A\IAR\Release\Exe" "HVPKV31F120M_SNLESSVEL_IAR.out" "HVPKV31F120M_SNLESSVEL_IAR.srec"

Total number of errors: 1
Total number of warnings: 0
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* LST_KV3 Build Failed for:  \"C:\Users\fdroberts2\Documents\KMS_1.1.0\SavedProjects\HVPKV31F120M_HVP_16A\tools\..\IAR\hvpkv31f120m_SNLESSVEL_IAR.ewp" Release
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Processing Ended.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Frank,

When you updated the value for Maximum Phase Current in the KMS GUI did you click the button "Store Motor Information"?

The "Store Motor Information" button will write your settings to a header file to be included in the compilation of the MCU firmware.  Additionally, in order to retain your settings you need to save the .kms file.

The issue you are seeing with the "Run Project on MCU" script is odd, can you confirm that when you see this failure that the file: C:\Users\fdroberts2\Documents\KMS_1.1.0\SavedProjects\HVPKV31F120M_HVP_16A\IAR\Release\Exe\HVPKV31F120M_SNLESSVEL_IAR.out exists?

0 Kudos

appioninc
Contributor II

Hello Adam,

Please note that the script ran correctly from a DOS Prompt so yes the *.out and just as important the *.srec is there.  This has been resolved by uninstalling the KMS studio from my E:\ drive and installing it on the C:\ drive where the projects themselves get stored.  I had a feeling that could be the issue.

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Frank,

I'm glad you were able to get it working.

0 Kudos