cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download KMS .OUT TO kv31 flash ,but error

mackkan
Contributor I

Hi team

I want to use KMS to kv31 ESC,debug have some questions.

one is this

Download IAR FRDMKV31F_SNLESSVEL_IAR.OUT to FRDM-KV31F ,It run  ok. When download to my kv31 board,it run error. I have check all pin voltage.,it is same as FRDM-KV31F. Bebug my board ,it fly at " v->nonClearableFaults.bits.secureMotorObserverRomIdFault = !GetMotorObserverSecureVersionIsCompatible();
v->nonClearableFaults.bits.secureSpinTACRomIdFault = !ST_getSecureROMIsCompatible();" position. then it goto HardFault_Handler . all debug do not have any load .Further testing ,disconnect all pins except Clock and Power .but
 when I download KSDK_1.3.0 example ,it run ok . 

How can I do for this error.

other one

when I download    .out to FRDM-KV31F by IAR ,and then use KMS IDE to connect .that is ok.But when  I want load by KMS, load Application Image  ,It have this error

166112_166112.pngpastedImage_1.png

How can I do for this error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the part number of the MKV31 device you have placed on your ESC?

If the part number is not one of these then the error your getting makes sense.

1)  MKV31F512VLL12P

2)  MKV31F256VLH12P 

3) MKV30F128VLF10P 

4) MKV31F128VLH10P 

The "P" suffix is indicating the presence of the KMS secure library.  You can go to nxp.com - go to KV3x MCU page and select the Buy /Parametrics tab to list the parts numbers available.  Each of these above are available for free samples.

If the part number matches, then what that means is that in the process of downloading your KMS code to the MCU you have mass erased the MCU flash, blowing away the KMS library.  If this is the case I would like to know what JTAG/SWD debug tool did you use to download your code to your ESC MCU board? Was it either P&E Micro, or Segger Jlink? and what version of the IAR are you using?

Best Regards,

Philip

1) 113)

0 Kudos

mackkan
Contributor I

Hi Philip

yes ,NOW We buy MKV31F256VLH12P ,but have the new problem. I use  openSDA, I try  P&E Micro, and Segger Jlink , IAR is 7.6 .

When used openSDA P&E,it warning "Thu Oct 27, 2016 09:43:57: Flash download warning: 253948 out of 469831 bytes from data record CODE:[0x0000B4B5,0x0007DFFB] will not be flashed ",I erase mernoy,It show this" Flash memory has been erased. ".but when downloade againg ,it same warning.
          when use Segger Jlink,It warning "pastedImage_1.png""

this board use  MKV31F512VLH12, Can download .

How can do it for use  KMS code ?   Thank you .

0 Kudos

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All of the details you need is in the KMS documentation. To convert your existing FRDM-KV31F project to be compatible with the MKV31F256 follow the procedures outlines in section six 'Convert reference project' of the Application note: AN5254 - Adapting KMS for Custom Hardware.  If you tried to download the 512K project to the 256K MCU you might have erased the KMS library located in the top 8K of the 256K Flash space, from 0x3E000 to 0x3FFFF, however the flash protections may have prevented you from doing this.  The project, once converted to be for the correct MCU, should download using the Segger Jlink.

Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos