Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect HVP-KV31F120M with KMS

Jump to solution
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Hi,

When i connect the HVP-Kv31f120M with KMS I'm getting an error message which is the same as discussed in forum " Problem connecting KMS to FRDM-KV31F". All the solutions as discussed have been tried but still I'm unable to connect it. I'm using a 32 bit operating system. Is that could be a problem?

Kindly provide solution for this

Thanks and Regards

Athulya varier

Hexmoto controls.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

I checked whether KMS image is erased using debugging mode in IAR. It stopped at hard Fault interrupt. But when we checked the daughter card the MCU is not with KMS enabled. (MKV31F512VLL12). There is no P specified in the MCU. We had MCUs with KMS enabled. so de-solder it and replaced with the new one. Now it is working. Thank you so much. 

This is the daughter card which we have ordered from digikey.

IMG_20180517_173421.jpg

IMG_20180516_180603.jpg

pastedImage_4.jpg

Thanks and Regards,

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto Controls

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The KMS image might be erased. If the KMS execute only image is not there the KMS project will not execute. 

To be sure of the cause of the issue please open the project in the IAR IDE, compile the release version of the project,  download and debug the project. 

After you hit the go, wait a couple of seconds, pause and look at where the project stops. 

If it stops at a hard fault interrupt then the KMS library image is not present. 

The image might not be there because

1) it was not there in the first place, you received a KV31 HVP daughter card that did not have KMS on it ever.

or

2) In your previous attempts to connect, you mass erased the MCU, which will destroy the KMS library image as well.

If the image is not there, the only solutions I can offer is to remove the MCU (de-solder) and replace it with another MCU that is KMS enabled. The other option is to purchase a new KMS known good HVP-KV31 board.

KMS supports either PMSM motors or ACIM motors. The HVP-KV31 was pre-programmed with the PMSM KMS library image.  If you want to check out ACIM on KV31 you will need to send the HVP-KV31F board to me and I can re-program it with the ACIM KMS library image.

If the KMS library is gone, you can still use the card with the NXP reference projects which uses Freemaster. See this page to download the software package. or select here.  Software for 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) Motor Control(REV 1.2.0)

Regards,

Philip

athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

I checked whether KMS image is erased using debugging mode in IAR. It stopped at hard Fault interrupt. But when we checked the daughter card the MCU is not with KMS enabled. (MKV31F512VLL12). There is no P specified in the MCU. We had MCUs with KMS enabled. so de-solder it and replaced with the new one. Now it is working. Thank you so much. 

This is the daughter card which we have ordered from digikey.

IMG_20180517_173421.jpg

IMG_20180516_180603.jpg

pastedImage_4.jpg

Thanks and Regards,

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto Controls

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Perfect, I'm happy that you were able to get it working. 

The stock at Digikey pre-dates the release of KMS in May of 2016. That is why the KMS library code was not there.

Happy motoring. 

Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

I will check whether KMS image is erased. But when i try to connect daughter card with KMS i got the error message. So how it will get erased?. One more thing, before connecting with KMS  we have tried to run the motor with the same card using the software package what you have suggested( Software for 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) Motor Control(REV 1.2.0)) . i was able to build the program using KDS,but when we connect to freemaster some fault occured. We have worked with KV46F150M(without KMS enabled) with same software package.

Thanks and Regards,

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto Controls

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In my experience with the PMSM motor control package the freemaster uses the release version of the symbol file.  If you re-compile both the debug and release version then in freemaster re-specify the new .elf file it should work.

You should have all the tools to get just about any motor working.

If you want to use KMS with ACIM you will need to purchase a HVP-KV4 board from NXP directly.  None of the distributors have stock of the KMS enabled HVP-KV4 boards. 

The KMS updated HVP-KV4 with ACIM KMS library is also in all of the HVP -3PH platform kits from NXP directly as well.

Best Regards,

Philip

We will be releasing a new Reference manual and Data sheet as well as new part numbers for the KMS ACIM MCU's for KV3 and KV4. The PMSM have the P suffix and the ACIM parts will have a Q suffix.

Regards,

Philip Drake

0 Kudos
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Ok thank you

Regards,

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto Controls

0 Kudos
linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Athulya,

When using the HVP-KV31F120M with the HVP-MC3PH are you plugging into the USB Type-B connector on the HVP-MC3PH or on the micro USB connector on the HVP-KV31F120M?

Can you share the text that comes up after clicking "Load Application Image"?

0 Kudos
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

kms1.pngI'm getting this notification.  And Red led in the controller card started blinking

IMG_20180511_163207.jpg

0 Kudos
linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

After you see that notification, click OK.  KMS will still open.  Next click Project -> Load Application Image.  Please copy and paste all of the text that appears in that notification box and paste into the forum.

0 Kudos
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

After load application image ,the below notification image arise.

pastedImage_4.png

Again if try to connect Im getting the same issue message

pastedImage_6.png

Thanks and Regards

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto Controls

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A couple of questions:

1. did you plug the USB cable from the HVP card to your computer?
  2. Does the HVP-KV31 card enumerate as a Mass storage drive?
    If no: then make sure to download the latest PE micro drivers go to www.pemico.com/opensda
  3. if yes, then check the OpenSDA firmware  version. Open the HVP-KV31F12 drive and open the file SDA_INFO, it will use a browser window - you may need to allow blocked content.
    HVP-KV31_firmware.png
  4. If you have an older version then upgrade the HVP-KV31 debug firmware from www.pemicro.com/opensda --> Firmware Apps - latest release is Sept 26th,2017. This is probably the issue.
    pemicro.png
  5. follow the directions in the Firmware_Apps extracted file "BOOTUPDATEAPP_release_notes" to update the bootloader and the debug firmware to "MSD-DEBUG-HVP-KV31F120M_Pemicro_v121.SDA"
  6. Check the firmware version again and you should get the following report.
    pemicro_up_to_date.png
  7. after creating the KMS project did you choose the correct COM port? 
    Check the communications port in the device manager. It should look like this:
    commport.png
  8. After connecting to the com port did you get is message?
    kms_loaded_previous_version.png
  9. Either yes or no, did you select the Project menu's Load Application Image option?
  10. Then try to reconnect.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Philip Drake

0 Kudos
athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

I have followed the instructions in the BOOTUPDATEAPP_release_notes" to update the bootloader . Still thers is no change in the hardware information.

pemicro1.png

Kindly correct the mistakes,if at all any in the method whatever I am doing/following

Thanks and Regards,

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto controls

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Were you able to put the HVP-KV31 card into bootloader mode?

You can do the bootloader code work with the card removed from the HVP-3PH platform.

1. remove the card from the HVP platform
  2. hold down reset and plug in the USB connection - the USB connector on the HVP-KV31F120M
  3. verify that the MSD Bootloader ennumerates on your computer
  4. drag and drop the file MSD-DEBUG-HVP-KV31F120M_Pemicro_v121.SDA onto the Bootloader Drive
  5. remove USB
  6. plug in USB
  7. verify that the board ennumerates as the HVP-KV31F
  8. open HVP-KV31F MSD and verify OpenSDA version.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Philip

athulyavarier
Contributor II

Sir,

Thank you for the reply. I tried with your solution and i could update the SDA version.

pastedImage_2.png

I have created KMS project with COM port 6

pastedImage_5.png

But when i try to connect again the same notification will come

pastedImage_3.png

After that i clicked on Load application image i got the message which is shown below

pastedImage_4.png

Again if try to connect same issue is occuring

pastedImage_6.png

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Athulya Varier

Hexmoto Controls

0 Kudos