where to find chip configuration information?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find chip configuration information?

andreag
Contributor II

The user manual for the MKL24Z32VLH4 is pretty generic for the family and for example on page 456 the number of SC1n available is not given and it asks you "See the chip configuration information about the number of SC1n registers specific to this device."

So what document would this be? I've browsed through several and could not find this info....

Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In general, you could find the chip configuration info at chapter 3. For the ADC module, you can check page 76 of <KL24P80M48SF0RM>, there with below comments:

This device contains one 12-bit successive approximation ADC with up to 16-channel.

That means this chip only has one ADC module and table 3-32 shows each product has channels number.

Then, there are two SC1n register for ADC0, which is ADC0_SC1A and ADC0_SC1B.

ADC0_SC1B register only for hardware trigger mode.

Wish it helps.

B.R.

Ma Hui

andreag
Contributor II

Hi Ma,

Thanks for the reply, I guess the way to tell was to look at the register list on page 455, it does show only A and B....

I am trying to use the Kinetis L for BLDC motor control, and this peripheral seems more limited in terms of sequence configuration than I am used to (basically I don't think there is any possibility to define sequences).

Do you have any suggestions on how to synchronize various ADC conversions with PWM modulation? (normally 3 voltages + 1 current), as well as other lower speed needs (like temperature, pot, etc...)

Is the only way to generate an interrupt for each conversion and for each interrupt reconfigure the ADC_SC1A for the next sample required? (it gets complicated if I want to use different rates for different signals).

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is an application note about using DMA to emulate ADC channels scan mode, you can refer AN4590 for more detailed info:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4590.pdf

AN4590 related software code:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4590SW.zip

KL25 product DAM also supports DMA channles link and ADC hardware trigger source could use PIT module instead of K series PDB module.

Wish it helps.

0 Kudos