cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is processor expert in MCUExpresso IDE for Freedom FRDM-K64F

Jump to solution
jeffsylvester
Contributor III

I am trying to build a small project with some GPIO that run on Interrupt and then output one serial (UART) and one CAN message based on calculation on this GPIO.     I used to use Kinetis Design Studio and Processor Expert in the past to generate an API type interface, and configure the clock tree and Uart baudrate from the PE GUI.   now i have MCUXpresso and the config builder tool.  however this tool seems to only generate low level code without the API like stuff I used to get with PE.   maybe I am not using tool right or do not know where to look for code?  or run tool, how do I configure the uart to run at 1,000,000 baud rate.   this tool doesnt seem as user friendly as PE?

So I downloaded and SDK from NXP for FRDM-K66F and it has project called Uart Polling.  and if I click on peripheral tab on very upper right hand corner.  I get a GUI pop up and I can only configure the UART to 115200.  IF I select Bus Clock as clock then it changes to CUSTOM and I have no idea.  how to make this work

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Just input the baud rate that you want, it will modify the codes in peripherals.c.

baudRate_Bps.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Just input the baud rate that you want, it will modify the codes in peripherals.c.

baudRate_Bps.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff,

Processor Expert has been replaced with the MCUXpresso Configuration tools. And you are right: the configuration tools do not generate the drivers as it was the case in Processor Expert. Instead they create the configuration/header files/settings to be used with the SDK. The SDK itself is not generated, it is the one used from the SDK package.

As for the UART settings (I tried this for the K64, but should be applicable to the K66 too), you can use any baud as long as the clocking allows it:

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich