cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twr-60F120M FlexCan CAN 0 question

Jump to solution
randalljordan
Contributor III

I am using a twr-60F120M board for development, with Code Warrior 10.6 and MQX 4.1.1.  I would like to use CAN 0 and pick up the TX and RX signals on J21 and J22 and route them through an CAN expansion card that we use so I can write the CAN data to flash memory.  My problem is that I can not seem to get the CAN 0 to operate.  I can successfully communicate on CAN 1 using the tower serial board CAN and MQX FlexCan, but when I change the CAN device to CAN 0 I don't see the TX pin toggling on J21 when a write occurs. Is there a port setting I am missing?  I was hopping that setting MQX FlexCan_Initialize to CAN 0 would set all the necessary port pins.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
randalljordan
Contributor III

The new custom board arrived and the CAN 0 operated normally.  As I have the custom board I've tossed the TWR60F to the side, I suspect it has an issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
randalljordan
Contributor III

The new custom board arrived and the CAN 0 operated normally.  As I have the custom board I've tossed the TWR60F to the side, I suspect it has an issue.

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Randall,

Did you test using the CAN example located at the path C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\can\flexcan\build\cw10gcc ???

Could you please share the code you are using??

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
randalljordan
Contributor III

Soledad,

Yes, I tried the example hoping it was my code, but the example had the same result.  Using the example or my setup, when the “CAN_DEVICE” is set to 1, I can see the data being sent on a scope (J7A B41).  When I set “CAN_DEVICE” to 0 I don’t see anything on the scope (J21 pin 1). I've attached the source and header files I am using.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
randalljordan
Contributor III

Soledad,

Yes, I tried the example hoping it was my code, but the example had the same result. Using the example or my setup, when the “CAN_DEVICE” is set to 1, I can see the data being sent on a scope (J7A B41). When I set “CAN_DEVICE” to 0 I don’t see anything on the scope (J21 pin 1).

I’ve attached the can source and header file for my CAN setup.

Thank you for your help

Randall Jordan

0 Kudos