显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

tool to program and debug a custom board

跳至解决方案
904 次查看
peralesserrano
Contributor I

hi i want tool to program and debug a custom board with KDS, i want use kinetis K70 in custom board, and I would like that could also be used to to debug i.mx6 for the future.

I look for a tool like PIC ICD3 for example, but for Kinetis

thanks

PD: sorry for my english

0 项奖励
1 解答
726 次查看
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In general, we recommend customer to use P&E USB Multilink Universal tool or Segger  J-Link tool.

And for the cost consideration, it also could use Kinetis FROM board embedded OpenSDA debugger tool, such as FRDM-KL05Z.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
727 次查看
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In general, we recommend customer to use P&E USB Multilink Universal tool or Segger  J-Link tool.

And for the cost consideration, it also could use Kinetis FROM board embedded OpenSDA debugger tool, such as FRDM-KL05Z.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励
726 次查看
peralesserrano
Contributor I

thank you very much,

the Segger says that does not implement SWO for KDS IDE, this is important?

0 项奖励
726 次查看
dave408
Senior Contributor II

SWO enables things like printf and variable watching, but I don't think it's the only way to get those features.  I am able to set watches just fine in my code without SWO, and if I really need printf, I enable semihosting and my console output appears in a dedicated window in KDS, which is nice.

0 项奖励