'.text' will not fit in region `m_text !!!! Need Help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'.text' will not fit in region `m_text !!!! Need Help!

Jump to solution
edwardkäding
Contributor III

Dear Freescale Community,

I am using Code Warrior 10.5 with Processor Expert.

I created a programm for the FRDM KL02Z with the integrated MKL02Z32VFM4 MCU with 5 Input signals, 1 ADC and 1 TUI.

Everything works fine with this processor expert application.

Then I wanted to have the same program for a MKL02Z8VFG4 MCU again using processor expert. Made all the settings and wrote the adjusted code.

When building the code I always get the Error notice: .../programme/freescale - code warrior/cw mcu v10.5/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Kinetis_CABV1.1.0.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `m_text'.

At first I thought my programm is too large. Then I set up a new project with the same configurations but this time without the code and I get the same Error notice !

Just what is going on? What could I have done wrong? Really need to get this working.

Thank you in advance.

Edward.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
edwardkäding
Contributor III

Hello Erich,

I have found all your great posts due to this issue of reducung code size.

You do an excellent job making tutorials.

Thank you from all the noobs like me.

Edward.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I suggest to have a look at the linker file (Project_Settings\Linker_Files\ProcessorExpert.ld) and check the size for the .txt area.

Maybe it is smaller as it should?

Check in the console (or project settings) if this linker file is indeed used.

You might try to artificially (for testing) increase the .text size to find out in the map file what is taking more space than necessary.

I hope this helps,

Erich

edwardkäding
Contributor III

Hello Erich,

Thank you for quick response.

You where right to analyse the ..\ProcessorExpert.Id file and check the available size of the MCU.

Sadly, the Processor Expert tool produces so much code that my Flash of the MKL02Z8VFG4 MCU was immediately full.

I have to start all over again without Processor Expert. Maybe Processor Expert should be adjusted to this kind of problem.

Thank you again,

Edward.

0 Kudos
edwardkäding
Contributor III

Hello Erich,

I have found all your great posts due to this issue of reducung code size.

You do an excellent job making tutorials.

Thank you from all the noobs like me.

Edward.

0 Kudos