cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding CAN Tx and Rx in KEA128

jashanm
Contributor III

hi all,

i am configuring the CAN module in 500 Kbps with Bus clock of 20 MHz, i need to transmit and receive can messages but i couldnt get any supportive document other than the data sheet. I need some clear document or example code to send and receive CAN messages in KEA128.

Regards,

Jashan M

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jashan,

Please download MSCAN driver for Kinetis EA devices from here.

And KEA128 produce MSCAN module detailed info could be found at KEA128 reference manual chapter 32.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jashanm
Contributor III

Hi Ma Hui,

i went through the reference manual, i have few clarifications to make with transmitting the CAN message.

1. first i make INITRQ = INITAK = 0

2. then read CANTFLG

3. later write CANTFLG to CANTBSEL

and now i also have send function which is as given below,

void MSCAN0_send(){

MSCAN_CANTBSEL = MSCAN_CANTFLG;

MSCAN_TSIDR0 = 0x12;                  /* ID of the CAN message is 0x123 */

MSCAN_TSIDR1 = 0x60;

MSCAN_CANCTL0 &= ~MSCAN_CANCTL0_INITRQ_MASK;        /* Disable INIT mode ************/

MSCAN_CANCTL1 &= ~MSCAN_CANCTL1_INITAK_MASK;          /* Disable INIT mode ************/

if(MSCAN_CANTFLG & 0x01){

for(i=0;i<5;i++){

MSCAN_TEDSR(i) = transmit[i];

}

}

}

now i can the data to be Tx in respective reg so how do i push this buffer into CAN bus, am i missing some thing here ??

Regards,

Jashan M

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jashan,

1. It based on which CAN ID mode you are using, standard ID or extend ID.

If using Standard ID, it need to use MSCAN_TSIDR0 and MSCAN_TSIDR1 registers;

If using Extend ID, it need to use MSCAN_TEIDR[0~3] registers.

2. The  MSCAN_TEDSRn register is using to storage the 8 bytes of transmit Data.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jashanm
Contributor III

hi,

ya that helped me, now if i want to shift data from buffer to the CAN bus, what should i do ??

Regards,

Jashan M

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In my previous answer, there with [MSCAN driver for Kinetis EA devices] software, which provides the example about how to use MSCAN send CAN frame.

The example using Transmit_DataFrame() function in <Test_case.c> file.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui