"Invalid Project path: Include path not found." error/Help me...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invalid Project path: Include path not found." error/Help me...

tim_amish
Contributor II

I am quite a novice using this platform and am getting quite confused. When I try and import the project I can do so but receive two, "Invalid Project path: Include path not found." When I try and "build all" anyway I get a, "program "make" not found in PATH." I have no idea what I should be trying to do to fix this problem. If there is any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
9 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tim

Could you please copy the project folder into the workspace in Windows Explorer? Then import the project from ‘File’ menu-> General -> Existing projects into work space

Then clean and rebuild the project. To do it, please click on 'Project' menu-> Clean to remove the object file,  and build the again from 'Project' menu->Build project.

If the compiler still prompts error "Invalid Project path: Include path not found", please check whether include path set in project properties does exist.  Please:

1) Click on ‘Project’ Menu-> Properties

2) Click on C/C++Build > Settings

3) Click on ‘Cross ARM C Compiler’ -> Includes

include path.png

Hope this helps! If not, please upload your project folder.

anupammajjagi
Contributor I

Hello Fiona,

I have a similar issue when using the S32 Design studio v2

I selected "New S32DS project from example" and selected the adc_swtrigger:S32k144" project.

The entire project is copied into my local workspace. I get the warning that "include path not found"

Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.0\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K14x_EAR_0.8.4\platform\hal\inc). adc_swtrigger_s32k144 pathentry Path Entry Problem

The project is building correctly. 

Do I need to take care of this issue?

Thanks

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Venkitesh

0 Kudos

tim_amish
Contributor II

Hello Xin,

Well...The first part did not work. When I tried the second part there was nothing for the C/C++ build settings. As in there was just nothing there.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks for all your help,

Tim

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tim

Please tell me you use which IDE and what about your project .

Does your project is demo project or create by yourself or others ?

You can tell me how to reproduce your problem step by step , i will test it on my side.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

tim_amish
Contributor II

Hello Alice

I am using the newest version of Kinetis Design Studio.

So far I am just trying to use demo projects. I have tried multiple demos from different places and they all give me the same error.

So I will open up Kinetis Design Studio and open up an empty folder for the workspace.

1. File - import.

2. General - existing projects into work space.

3. I chose a demo.

The file is uploaded with the two warnings and the one error. It seems that all the files and code are there but I can't find the errors or use "project - build all".

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tim,

Which Demo code ? Do you use the KSDK demo code ?

If yes , please first build the KSDK lib , then build the demo , the detail information you can

refer to "Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.3.pdf"(it under  Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\doc )

-> 5 Run a demo using Kinetis Design Studio IDE

If not the KSDK demo , please tell me which demo , i will check it on my side .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tim_amish
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

I went through the "Getting Started with Kinetis SDK" and was able to get the library to build. However, I am still unable to build any example project. Do you have another idea for what I should try?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tim,

What's the version of KSDK ? Please verify the KSDK_PATH, the detail method please refer to the attachment

for the part of  "APPENDIX B: Verify KSDK_PATH"

And You'd better take a screenshot about your steps , otherwise we hardly where is wrong.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

tim_amish
Contributor II

That worked! Thank you so much! Yay! However... the example project I want to use is still not working. So I am trying to use the Freescale Cup Shield example. There are video tutorials and I am doing exactly what he is doing. Here is where the tutorial is: Freescale Cup Shield for the Freedom KL25Z. So the project imports fine. When I use "Build All" I get an error that says, "program "make" not found in PATH". When I click on the pull down for the hammer icon instead of getting "debug" and "release" as in the example projects, I receive "Flash". The console displays, "Nothing to build for project FRDM-TFC". When I try project -> properties ->C/C++ build -> settings, there just is nothing there. Do you have any idea what I should do?

Thanks for your time and all the help,

Tim Amish

0 Kudos