printk to console fails for freescale kinetis 8.2.0 (Zephyr 2.6.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printk to console fails for freescale kinetis 8.2.0 (Zephyr 2.6.0)

Torge
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have got a question concerning FRDM-K64F:

a simple application (blinky + "HelloWorld") is working with Freescale Kinetis 8.1.0, Zephyr 2.5.0. LED is blinking properly, printk statements are sent to the console.

Now, having updated to Freescale Kinetis 8.2.0, Zephyr 2.6.0 the LED is blinking only if CONFIG_SERIAL=n. LED is not blinking if CONFIG_SERIAL=y, printk statements are sent to console in no case.

Am I missing something?

Best regards Torge.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Torge
Contributor I

I filed this issue in zephyr issues:

printk to console fails for freescale kinetis 8.2.0 (Zephyr 2.6.0) on FRDM-K64F · Issue #38631 · zep...

The issue was closed there with the hint to file this problem elsewhere... However, the problem is still not solved for me.

Best regards Torge.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Torge,

I was not aware of PlatformIO within Zephyr being supported as an independent project, but I could see some Zephyr related bugs reported on the PlatformIO Community. My apologies for the confusion.

It seems that this error would then be handled by the Platform IO Community. I looked for similar errors being reported and I couldn’t find anything. Hence I would need to ask you to please report the problem on the Platform IO community, and comment which Zephyr release is showing this error.

https://community.platformio.org/?utm_source=docs.zephyrproject.org

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Torge,

If this problem was not present in Zephyr 2.5.0 but it is in 2.6.0 I would recommend reporting this error to the Zephyr community. I couldn’t see this being already reported so it may help to bring it to the attention of the community that maintains the Zephyr releases.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/2.6.0/

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos