Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kl03z without xtal

Jump to solution
ramonramirez
Contributor II

I am using a KL30Z8 and sdk2.0 <lpuart_polling software

When charge this program works perfectly but after disconnect the debugger and turn off the power supply. If I try to turn on the power supply and to operate the circuit with the software this no longer works unless you connect the debugger and load the program it again

I'm loading my own pcb layout program trying to use the internal oscillator without xtal
Best regards
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi RAMON RAMIREZ,

If you want to disable the RESET pin, flash address 0x40D, FOPT, clear bit 3 to 0.

pastedImage_1.png

Just modify the .s file, change 0x40d, bit3 to0.

If you are using the IAR project, you also need to modify the options, .board file, add enable modify configration filed function.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi RAMON RAMIREZ,

The KSDK2.0-frdm-kl03z code is just using the internal IRC, not the external cyrstal.

I have run it on my frdm-kl03 board, it has no problem.

Do you modify the code? 

Two points you need to check:

1. Did you download the code to the flash? Not the RAM?

2. Check flash address 0x40D, bit 7 and bit8 is what data? 0B00?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0X3D is the address 0X40D FOPT data, if you want to boot from flash, you need to modify this data to 0x3d.

Please check it on your side.

If you still not OK, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ramonramirez
Contributor II
reviewing the parts of code that you tell me. in my code is exactly equal to the images you put here.

__FlashConfig
DCD 0xFFFFFFFF
DCD 0xFFFFFFFF
DCD 0xFFFFFFFF
DCD 0xFFFF3DFE
__FlashConfig_End

I feel that the problem may be in the reset pin... my understanding is that board freedomto run the program we have to press the reset button or connect the debugger.in my design I have no reset button want software to run automatically
0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi RAMON RAMIREZ,

Please don't worry, actually, after your board is powered on, the code will run automatically after POR reset.

But please note, even you don't use the reset button, in the reset pin, you still need to add 4.7K to 10K external pull-up resistor, and the 0.1uf capacitor to ground.

The reason why you use the frdm-kl03 after power on it, it seems it's not working, and press reset it is Ok, I think it is caused by the com port identification in the PC, after power on, the PC still not find the COM port, you need to search the com port in the PC at first, after it connected, your serial assistant will find the according uart data.

Actually, if you use the oscilloscope to check the lpuart wave after power on, you will get the according uart wave, it means the code is running automatically.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
ramonramirez
Contributor II
Thanks for the help

Unfortunately continues with the same problem am almost sure that the problem is in the pin of reset.

In addition to add resistance and capacitor could someone explain how to disable pin reset through software

I am using sdk2.0
0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi RAMON RAMIREZ,

If you want to disable the RESET pin, flash address 0x40D, FOPT, clear bit 3 to 0.

pastedImage_1.png

Just modify the .s file, change 0x40d, bit3 to0.

If you are using the IAR project, you also need to modify the options, .board file, add enable modify configration filed function.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

ramonramirez
Contributor II
Thank you so much!!!!

This is what was missing to make my code work

Now I'm working correctly on my own board

Best regards
0 Kudos
ramonramirez
Contributor II
Thanks for the reply
I just checked my setup and this as you indicate, but reading a little more I realized that the freedom to start the program you must use the debugger or pressing the reset button. Could that be the problem? there any form of disabling the reset and run the software automatically?
0 Kudos