kinetis kv30f64 how to write the program to the chip using serial port (Uart)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinetis kv30f64 how to write the program to the chip using serial port (Uart)?

wangb
Contributor II

Hello, the chip I am using is Kinetis MKV30F64, we want to mass write the program to the chip using serial port (Uart) (repeatable), is there any tool to achieve this goal?Or do you have any relevant information?
In addition, I have seen a feature called Kinetis Flashloader.Can this feature be used to program only once over a serial port (UART)?
thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

wangb
Contributor II

Hi  Jing,

Thanks for your reply.I'd like to ask that question a little bit further.
1, Using Flashloader,KV3x can only write to the program once through the serial port(UART).Can The Kboot form of KV3x be changed to Flash-Resident Bootloader?Does this approach allow repetitive writing over serial ports(UART)?

2.If not, is there a way to repeatedly write programs through serial ports(UART)?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wangb,

There are three sub-project in KV30 bootloader demo(NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MKV30)
flashloader: This subproject is the core of project. This subproject is laid in RAM. Because when implementing flash operation, code must be laid in RAM. When boot up, flashloader_loader/tower_bootloader copys flashloader's image to ram.
flashloader_loader: If you don't want to keep bootloader after download application, you can use this subproject. This code is laid in flash address0, and can be covered when download application.
tower_bootloader: If you want to keep bootloader after download application, you should use this subproject.

Regards,

Jing

wangb
Contributor II

hi  Jing,

Thank you .I have another  question.

1.Does "tower_bootloader" write in Flash via Jtag?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wang,

KV3x are shipped with the preprogrammed Kinetis Flashloader in the on-chip flash memory, for one-time, in-system factory programming. Please see charpter 13 in RM. The PC side tools can be download from MCUBoot2.0.0 package.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuboot-mcu-...

Regards,

Jing