Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinetis bootloader not responding after powerloss

Jump to solution
albrecht
Contributor I

Hi,

i have written a bootloader-Host application to update the firmware of a Kinetis uController (MK02FN64VLH10) in an embedded device over I2C.

The update of the bootloader worked fine until a power-loss while updating.

I tested that power-loss a few times, this time it falls into this problem.

We have added code to the bootloader that is checking if the application is fully written.

Only if the hole application is written the bootloader starts the application. If not it stays in bootloader mode.

Since the power-loss the uController is starting the bootloader, but when i try to update the bootloader it sends back an error.

I checked the properties and i get a "true" on WriteProtection since then.

I never used/switched that property and can not toggle it to "false".

Also i erased the uController with an external Debugger and programmed the bootloader again.

That doesn't helped.

What did i make wrong while updating to get into this Condition? Is there a way back to normal operation?

Do i have to replace the uController?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There seems the MK02 chip was locked.
Could you refer below thread to unlock the MK02 chip?
https://community.nxp.com/thread/439921?commentID=857127#comment-857127

If above J-Link unsecure script file still could not fix the issue? It need to replace the MK02 chip.
Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There seems the MK02 chip was locked.
Could you refer below thread to unlock the MK02 chip?
https://community.nxp.com/thread/439921?commentID=857127#comment-857127

If above J-Link unsecure script file still could not fix the issue? It need to replace the MK02 chip.
Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!