Jump to solution
MKuserH
Contributor II

Greatings everyone,

I have a Custom board, I have:

-MK70FX512 (flexnvm is enable)

-1 gb nand flash

- Im using IAR7

I am attempting to store raw bitmap images in NAND flash, move them to external memory (DDR2) and then store them in the nand. But I'm not able to successfully write the pictures' data on RAM and then store into nand.

I was able to run the example at C:\Freescale_MQX_4_2\ffs\examples\mfs_nandflash.

Is anyone had a solution?.

Best regards

note: I'm trying to store this type of data

static const LWord MY_PICTURE_data[] = {

/* Data */
0x00FEFEFE, 0x00FDFDFD, .....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MKuserH
Contributor II

In conclusion, the easiest way of writing a BMP with mqx to use the function of "Write" and put the data in the buf. If you want to write a "Char" is easy to do it. However, in my case a I wanted to write a LWORD string, so my solution was to convert each part on a string char and then put it into the buf. If you want more information about that, please write me and I will explain with more details. Best regards, Navarro.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MKuserH
Contributor II

In conclusion, the easiest way of writing a BMP with mqx to use the function of "Write" and put the data in the buf. If you want to write a "Char" is easy to do it. However, in my case a I wanted to write a LWORD string, so my solution was to convert each part on a string char and then put it into the buf. If you want more information about that, please write me and I will explain with more details. Best regards, Navarro.

0 Kudos
bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

It is not clear what you are asking here.

If you want to know how to turn a .jpg into something that can be loaded as code, the program SRecord

can do that.  It can turn the .jpg into a C style array.
srec_cat image.jpg -Binary -Output in.hex -Intel
srec_cat in.hex -Intel -Fill 0xFF -over in.hex -Intel -o out_flash.c -C_Arrsay Out_Flash -noconst

http://srecord.sourceforge.net

0 Kudos
MKuserH
Contributor II

Hi bobpaddock,

Firstly, thanks for your reply.

Secondly, I want to use a nadflash to store pictures' data that I generate with Convert Utility. Because I have a lot of pictures (At the moment I have 650k of pictures Data and It wil increase!!!) that exceed my internal flash(1MB). I don't know how to write the data to the nandflash.

0 Kudos