hello I would like to see an example of how to connect my FRDM kl46z to a battery

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello I would like to see an example of how to connect my FRDM kl46z to a battery

augustosalazar
Contributor II
5 Replies

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Augusto Salazar,

if the above answer is not your case, then, please update this issue!

If your question is answered, then, please mark this thread as answered and mark the correct answer.

Thank you!

augustosalazar
Contributor II

thank you very much, It was useful, look for the components or their substitutes, somthing more, are there some post an example of its implementation?, or some variant whit 5v 9v batteries?, thanks again and see you soon

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Augusto Salazar,

The battery holder is not installed in FRDM-KL46Z, but the space for the battery holder is reserved on the board.

Please see the schematic for how to the battery is connected, it is at page 5 of below link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/hardware_tools/schematics/FRDM-KL46Z_SCH.pdf?fpsp=...

hope it helps!

orangeusa
Contributor III

You really need 5V at low current at the USB interface connector.  It's a lot cheaper and easier to buy the solution. I've designed them, but not as small and as inexpensive  as an eBay/Amazon/Radio Shack solution. Ours were for ruggedized applications - so couldn't use aftermarket.

There are quite a few USB "power packs"  that are Li-Ion based and have charging circuitry and output boost circuitry. (Li-Ion is nominally 4.2V for a single cell, needs a boost for 5V output).

Hope that's helpful. Check out Texas Instruments / Monolithic Power Systems for switchers/Battery management IC's to roll your own.

Or here's one for 1 USD on Amazon. Could be garbage. :smileyhappy:  Most decent ones are like $15. Good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/iMeshbean%C2%AE-Lipstick-Portable-Battery-Charger/dp/B00IMQYEN8/ref=sr_1_124?s...

augustosalazar
Contributor II

thanks, it could be a good solution, even so looking for more robust options or make in home, thanks

0 Kudos