Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eGUI release

Jump to solution
Thommi_Tulpe
Contributor IV

Hi Gargy,

when can I use the new release of the eGUI.

You told the bug in the console is fixed.

If the release is not ready, can I change the files d4d_console.c and d4d_console.h  in the old version of the eGUI

with your help ?

Best Regards

Thomas

1 Solution
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm so sorry to tell that but we don't have plan to add this to version 3.00. You can try to do it your self, in final this will be compounded object from edit box, button and list box (list box contains scroll bar).

Temporary you can use MENU or List box and for simply replace just comment the old object definition and create new one with same name.

The eGUI I will send to you on email.

Gargy

View solution in original post

55 Replies
TOMXUE
Contributor II

Dear Petr:

We are now using K60 to drive a 320*240 TFT and we want to build a small Human Machine Interface based

on K60 and eGUI.

I am a teacher in Tsinghua Univerisity, Beijing China, would you please send me the newest snapshot of

eGUI? My email is gbe.tao.xue@gmail.com

Many Thanks,

Tao Xue

0 Kudos
Thommi_Tulpe
Contributor IV

Hi Gargy,

thank you for the request.

My email adress is ThomasForck@moneymail.de

I need the new eGUI for a console in which the user can write code in assembler which runs on the K60.

After compiling you can run the code and watch memory and register.

Thank You

Thomas

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sent :-)

Gargy

0 Kudos
TOMXUE
Contributor II

Hi, Petr:

I do not know how to send your a private message, but we

are now using K60 to drive a 320*240 TFT and we want to build a small Human Machine Interface based

on K60 and eGUI.

I am a teacher in Tsinghua Univerisity, Beijing China, would you please send me the newest snapshot of

eGUI? My email is gbe.tao.xue@gmail.com

Many Thanks,

Tao Xue

0 Kudos
rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Gargy,

I choose Freescale K60 for my Graphic project.

" ComboBoxGroup" options is very useful for choosing multi options,

but there is no such option in Version 2, how is about version 3?

May I have the new released files?

Regards

Samuel

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

we know that :-( but I'm so sorry to tell this that the eGUI 3.00 doesn't contain that. But is in project queue, I hope that this will be add with any minor update.

Gargy

rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Gargy,

There are many places in my project using ComboBoxGroup, it will be ugly looking without it.

It is in your project queue, when will this be ready? I'm willing to help you to make this ready quicker because I need it right now.

Another option is temporary use MENU to start project, but I don't know how much is the work to change it back to ComboBoxGroup afterward, what is your opinion?

May I have the eGUI3.00? my email address: samuel@apcs.net.au.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm so sorry to tell that but we don't have plan to add this to version 3.00. You can try to do it your self, in final this will be compounded object from edit box, button and list box (list box contains scroll bar).

Temporary you can use MENU or List box and for simply replace just comment the old object definition and create new one with same name.

The eGUI I will send to you on email.

Gargy

roelblomjous
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

What is the expected release date of eGUI 3.00? We really want to use eGUI with the TWR-K70F120M for our new product. In document AN4588 is hinted towards the d4dlcdhw_k70_lcdc driver. Is this driver embedded in the 3.00 release?

Regards,

Roel

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I'm sorry but the Release eGUI is not prepared for web release, but if you send me in message your email and short final application description I'm able to send you the current state of development of eGUI including the driver for K70.

Gargy

marcoguizzi
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

I would like to test eGui v3.00 with Tower k70F120M with TWR-LCD-RGB (4.3" WQVGA 480x272)

Please send to

guizzi@eostudio.it

Thank You

Marco

0 Kudos
kaipaulus
Contributor III

Hi, Petr,

it is possible to use the eGUI3.0 with 800x480 Pixel an 8bpp?.  In the examples i thing there are only examples for 24bpp (4 Bytes per Pixel).

Update:

#define D4DLCDHWFB_BPP_BYTE             

Does this mean that we have 4 Byte per Pixel?  In the example you use this parameter to calculate the Startadresse of the new line

LCDC_LVPWR = LCDC_LVPWR_VPW( D4DLCDHWFB_X_MAX / (4 / D4DLCDHWFB_BPP_BYTE));

So i Thing, D4DLCDHWFB_BPP_BYTE = 4 mean that we have 4 Byte, so i must setup the LCDC_LPCR(BPIX) area to 7 (24bpp; 32 bit of memory use).

My Problem is now that the display content is not stable. It seems that in the "LCDC virtual page width register LCDC_LVPWR" the starting address representing the beginning of each displayed line is wrong.

My application it stable when i set D4DLCDHWFB_BPP_BYTE = 1 and LCDC_LPCR(BPIX) area to 3. But then i see not the correct Text (only text fragments). I don't have initialize the internal LOOK-UP table

Is it possible to use an 8bpp K70-Interface with internal LOOK-UP table together with der eGUI

Many Thanks,

Kai Paulus

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I'm sorry but you right, the K70_LCDC driver is not ready for any other color depth than 24bit/pxl.

We will think about to add this into driver but I'm afraid that I don't have a HW to test it.

But the changes what you need to do could be devide to 2 group:

1 Frame buffer manage:
     D4DLCDHWFB_BPP_BYTE  - change to correct byte/pxl number

Functions Read and Write pixel update to use right type of pointer (there is just pointer to long, in your case must be pointer to unsigned char)

2. Adjust the setting of LCDC peripheral to be comply with your LCD.
           That should be enough.

And also switch complete eGUI color system to right color system 323 :-)

Gargy

kaipaulus
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

i have still one question.

The K70 from Freescale support Background-Window and Graphic-Window. Is it possible to use this two Windows in eGUI?

mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards

Kai Paulus

HYDAC ELECTRONIC GMBH

Hardwareentwicklung

Hauptstraße 27

D-66128 Saarbrücken

Fon: +49 6897 509-1708

Fax: +49 6897 509-1834

Email <mailto: Kai.Paulus@hydac.com <mailto:Kai.Paulus@hydac.com> >

Web: http://www.hydac.com <http://www.hydac.com>

Geschäftsführer: Mathias Dieter, Dr. Franz Josef Eckle

Registergericht: Saarbrücken

Handelsregister HRB 8707

Von: Petr Gargulak mailto:admin@community.freescale.com

Gesendet: Montag, 11. Februar 2013 08:24

An: Paulus, Kai

Betreff: Re: Kinetis Microcontrollers - eGUI release

Freescale Community <https://community.freescale.com/index.jspa>

eGUI release

created by Petr Gargulak <https://community.freescale.com/people/Gargy> in Kinetis Microcontrollers - View the full discussion <https://community.freescale.com/message/315279#315279>

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

in eGUI K70 LCDC implementation is background use for main drawings and the graphic window is used to show mouse cursor in newest version - not yet released neither by emails.

But this will be soon.

Petr

kaipaulus
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

can you tell me why the D4D-Graph input Graph Data is only unsigned char? I think in the most application (Maybe 12-BIT ADC Conversion result) i must have an greater input Data Range.

mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards

Kai Paulus

HYDAC ELECTRONIC GMBH

Hardwareentwicklung

Hauptstraße 27

D-66128 Saarbrücken

Fon: +49 6897 509-1708

Fax: +49 6897 509-1834

Email <mailto: Kai.Paulus@hydac.com <mailto:Kai.Paulus@hydac.com> >

Web: http://www.hydac.com <http://www.hydac.com>

Geschäftsführer: Mathias Dieter, Dr. Franz Josef Eckle

Registergericht: Saarbrücken

Handelsregister HRB 8707

Von: Petr Gargulak mailto:admin@community.freescale.com

Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013 13:58

An: Paulus, Kai

Betreff: Re: Kinetis Microcontrollers - eGUI release

Freescale Community <https://community.freescale.com/index.jspa>

eGUI release

created by Petr Gargulak <https://community.freescale.com/people/Gargy> in Kinetis Microcontrollers - View the full discussion <https://community.freescale.com/message/315427#315427>

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, the graph is pretty old object  - that is first thing.

The second thing is that you can simply put to the graph high 8 bits,

Because the graph keep input data inside so we wanted to make buffer as small as possible.
And last thing is that the Byte for full resolution give you 255 points in axis Y so more than QVGA resolution of LCD, the 12 bit ADC give you about 4096 points/pixels in axis Y so this is much more than any LCD offer , so  the information must be reduced and on screen you also lost the information about small changes.

Everything is compromise.

Gargy

kaipaulus
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

it works now. I have used the internal LOOK-UP Table with RGB332 Decoding. So i can use 8bpp.

Thanks

Kai Paulus

0 Kudos
kaipaulus
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

İf it is possible please send me a last release of eGui.

kai.paulus@hydac.com

My application is an conditioning monitoring console.

Thank you

0 Kudos
m3
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

i´m also waiting for the announced egui update. Sadly to hear that it is not going to public soon.

So can you please also send a copy to me?

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I'm so sorry but at the moment we are everybody switched to other high priority project (don't worry when we finished it , we also publish the eGUI.) Please send me your email where I can send the eGUI prerelease version..

Petr