code for MAX6675 + k-type thermouple SPI interface on my KW41Z in MCUXpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code for MAX6675 + k-type thermouple SPI interface on my KW41Z in MCUXpresso

bwg17
Contributor I

I am attempting to code for MAX6675 + k-type thermouple SPI interface on my KW41Z in MCUXpresso. I have written SPI code in MBED and its self explanatory with their API descriptions, however i'm having trouble translating simple commands and I cant find the related API descriptions in the sea of information. For example, i used mbed.h's DigitalOut to set a pin high or low and i cant find the api for mcuxpresso. Can anyone help me find a user guide for people who are new to mcuxpresso? I have downloaded novels of instruction manuals and i have no idea how to program simple commands. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

By simple commands, you mean the ones for the MAX6675? Have you tried some of the available examples in the SDK regarding the SPI communication of the KW41Z with SPI? I see that you have some MBED code, but just to verify the communication, could you please try with the driver examples either the interrupt or the polling one?

Are you using the development kit? Or is it your own board? 

Regards, 

Estephania  

0 Kudos

bwg17
Contributor I

Estephania,

I have not tried the interrupt or polling drivers. I will today. First thing need to know is the API to make a pin go high or low. The pin is already initialized.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

If you are just getting started with the KW41Z you can check first the driver examples the one for the GPIO setting, either pin interrupts or the led output one. I'm not sure if you are looking for a toggle or a clear or set. 

Could you please check the fsl_gpio .h file? You can find the different pin APIs available. 

Regards ,

Estephania 

0 Kudos