Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the lowpower periherals

Jump to solution
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello experts,

I would like to know the details of the lowpower peripherals.

Can anyone give me a pointer to it?

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yasuhiko,

Here is an application note about some considerations and references to low power modes in Kinetis (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4503.pdf).

In this application note, there is an specific section pointing out some Energy Saving Peripherals (Section 2.2 Energy Saving Peripherals), for example, for UART0, it can receive and transmit in VLPS mode and can use DMA to receive data and store in a buffer or viceversa with the core shutdown. Maybe you should look a this application note for more details.

Energy Saving Peripherals.jpg

As Carlos pointed before, you can also refer to section 11 Modules in Power modes in which table 5 explains status for different peripherals in low power modes:

Table 5 - Module operation in low-power modes.jpg

This table sumarizes each peripheral behavior on every low power mode.

I hope this document can help you understand peripheral behavior in every low power mode.

Best Regards,

Isaac

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yasuhiko,

Please take look to the following application note that explains the usage of Low Power modes on the Kinetis family:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4470.pdf

You can also take a look to the chapter called "Module Operation in Low Power Modes" in the MCU reference manual. On this chapter there is a table that describes the functionality of each module in each of the low power mode

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

thank you very much but it is not the thing which I want.

Please look at the page 28 to 30 of the following materials.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/training/doc/dwf/JNK_ENT_T1165.pdf

I would like to know the details of them.

For example, the DMA behavior when CPU is in the sleep mode.

Thank you and best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yasuhiko,

Here is an application note about some considerations and references to low power modes in Kinetis (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4503.pdf).

In this application note, there is an specific section pointing out some Energy Saving Peripherals (Section 2.2 Energy Saving Peripherals), for example, for UART0, it can receive and transmit in VLPS mode and can use DMA to receive data and store in a buffer or viceversa with the core shutdown. Maybe you should look a this application note for more details.

Energy Saving Peripherals.jpg

As Carlos pointed before, you can also refer to section 11 Modules in Power modes in which table 5 explains status for different peripherals in low power modes:

Table 5 - Module operation in low-power modes.jpg

This table sumarizes each peripheral behavior on every low power mode.

I hope this document can help you understand peripheral behavior in every low power mode.

Best Regards,

Isaac

yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello Isaac,

thank you very much. It would be helpful.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 Kudos