Why can't use jlink to erase or update K60?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't use jlink to erase or update K60?

tongjianwu
Contributor III

Hello everyone.

Now,we are developing one product using MK60DN512VLQ10.When the PCBA first came back we can update the firmware.But now there is one strange problem the reset pin of the MCU outputs the following waveform. 

IMG_20161214_213423_resized_20161214_102844298.jpg

I have removed the reset circuit when I tested .

Also checking the user manual of the MCU ,I found using the Ezport can erase the chip but had any effect.

Can anyone help me to solve this ?

Thanks.

Have a good day.

https://community.nxp.com/community/kinetis

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jianwu,

Please don't worry, if your chip is new, and the reset pin is oscillating, it is correct and normal, it is the character to a new chip which don't have been programmed.

Please add the external circuit in the reset pin, 4.7K to 10K pullup, 0.1uf capactior to ground.

Your question title is : Why can't use the JLINK to erase or update K60?

Please open the JLINK COMMANDER window, can you find the ARM Cortex M4 core? If you can't find the core, it means your hardware have problem, you still need to check your hardware, including K60 board, the debugger connection with the JLINK.

If the JLINK commander window can find the core,  you can use the IDE or Jflash to download the code to the K60, after K60 have been programmed, the reset pin will be high.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,

Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tongjianwu
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply :smileyhappy:

earlier time, I have used the Jlink commander to connect the K60 MCU on our board,but it can't find the MCU.

The error prompt is following:

==========================

"No devices found on JTAG chain."

==========================

If it is hardware problem, where should I check it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jianwu,

1. K60 smallest system checking

Please refer to the according official demo board which you can find from: www.nxp.com/tower

NMI should add external 4.7K to 10K pull up.

SWD_DIO should add externall 4.7K to 10K pullup

Reset should add external 4.7K to 10K pullup, and 0.1uf capacitor to ground.

2. Debugger interface checking

SWD or JTAG

The wire sequence is correct or not between K60 and the JLINK(Standard JTAG)

3. solder temperature

As the datasheet defined, the max data is just 260 °C, otherwise, the chip maybe damaged.

Please check the smallest system at first.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

tongjianwu
Contributor III

Hi,Kerry

I have checked the smallest system.

Finally, I get the following message from Jlink.

==================================================================================

Feature(s): RDI,FlashDL,FlashBP,JFlash,GDBFULL
VTarget = 3.416V
Info: Could not measure total IR len. TDO is constant high.
No devices found on JTAG chain. Trying to find device on SWD.
No device found on SWD.
Did not find any core.
Failed to identify target. Trying again with slow (4 kHz) speed.
No devices found on JTAG chain. Trying to find device on SWD.
No device found on SWD.
Did not find any core.

==================================================================================

What does this mean?

There are two chips on the board one can update program and the other can't.

Do you have any idea about this ?

Thanks.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jianwu,

Please post your smallest system schematic, and the connection between the jlink and your board.

This info should caused by the wrong JLINK connection, it means the JLINK still didn't get the right communication with your chip.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

tongjianwu
Contributor III

PS:

I have double checked the J-link connection.

And I exchange the two MCUs on the board,the wrong one still can't update program but the other can do.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Take care, the solder temperature can't higher than 260 °C

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you solder the debugger pin in long time before?

If the debug pins are damaged by soldering, then it may can't be connected.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

tongjianwu
Contributor III

Hi,Kerry.

Now, I can exclude this .

Is there other reason for this ?

Thanks.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos

tongjianwu
Contributor III

Hi Kerry.

Thanks for your reply.

The same connection used to the other MCU on the same board can work normally.

So,now I confuse what has happened.

Thanks .

Have a great day.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jianwu,

Just this board have this problem?

OK, it means your design have no problem. Take care, NMI pin should have pullup.

Please check your pin soldering, especially the debug related pins.

Whether the pin is lack of soldering, or connect with the closed pins? Check it carefully, because the LQFP package pin already very closed.

You can solder these pins again, please take care, don't solder one pin  in long time, just quick solder it again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos