Where in the heck can I get an SWD adaptor for K64F?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in the heck can I get an SWD adaptor for K64F?

orangeusa
Contributor III

This is to buy an adaptor from the K64F header (1mm spacing ???) to a 0.1" pinout debugger (JTAG/SWD - 20 pin). I didn't see one on Segger or P&E or eBay.. :smileyhappy:  I could be confused.

Also - for a deliverable product, OpenSDA seems to have no positives - just adds cost and a proprietary IC (since the code is not open source). Yeah, I'm new to Kinetis, but this seems confusing.

Anyway, SWD seems a very viable option to JTAG (less pins) and debuggers seem to be relatively low cost.

Any advice would be appreciated. And yes I searched and found a few threads on SWD.

Thx.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Scott:

Just to clarify, OpenSDA v2 is open source. You may be refering to the original OpenSDA code. Check the next good document for full details:

OpenSDAv2

Regards!

Jorge_Gonzalez

orangeusa
Contributor III

Oops - found this and apparently the P&E debugger DOES have this cable with their debugger...

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/04/20/using-the-frdm-k64f-with-codewarrior/

0 Kudos

orangeusa
Contributor III

Good gosh - an adaptor cable is $30!  argh - it's not the $, just the inconvenience. Just whinging here. ....

8.06.00 J-LINK 19-PIN CORTEX-M - SEGGER - ADAPTER, J-LINK, 19 PIN, FOR CORTEX-M | Newark element14 U...

0 Kudos

kgfreescale
Contributor I

If it helps a bit and you haven't purchased yet, you can save a few bucks on Newark's Freescale Semiconductor Product Catalog if you buy during their Cyber Monday sale. Use Cyber15 as the coupon code, and you'll save 15%...so roughly $5. That promo ends on 12/5/2014.

Ken

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The EDU J-Link does not come with that adapter. If you just need the cable, you can get it cheaper from Mouser or Farnell (see part numbers in Completing the FRDM-KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse).

And if you already have the 20pin cable, you can use it too, just use/connect the lower half pins.

Erich