Where can I find the source files for CodeWarrior as described in AN4406 page 4, KwikStik-based EzPort programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the source files for CodeWarrior as described in AN4406 page 4, KwikStik-based EzPort programmer

marcusguenther
Contributor I

Where can I find the source files for CodeWarrior as described in AN4406 page 4, KwikStik-based EzPort programmer There is written: 4 Software description The firmware for EzProg was written to run under MQX 3.7, in C, using IAR Embedded Workbench 6.21. Project files for CodeWarrior for MCU version 10.1 are also available. But where can I find it. There are not included in the AN4406SW.zip package.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

carlos_chavez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately, I do not have an updated version.  However, I was able to hunt down the person in charge of this project so many years ago.  They will see what they can find, so there is a very slim chance.  I will keep you posted.  :-)

Best Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

carlos_chavez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marcus,

I think that I may have found the issue with the source code that you are encountering.  Please see the information below.  If this doesn't resolve it, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Carlos

Enable ESDHC controller in BSP for KwikStik

Rev. 5 of the KwikStik board now has the SD data lines connected to the microSD card slot, which lets us hope that the card will start working. However, the MQX patch for KwikStik dated 21.06.2011 still does not support the ESDHC controller on this board. This results in

fopen("esdhc:", NULL);

returning NULL instead of a device handle. To enable the ESDHC controller for this board, open \mqx\source\bsp\kwikstikk40x256\init_bsp.c and change the line

#error This modul unsupported with Kiwkstik Board.Please disable BSPCFG_ENABLE_ESDHC to 0 in user_config.h

to the following:

_esdhc_install ("esdhc:", &_bsp_esdhc0_init);

What also needs to be changed is the pin multiplexing setup. In rev. 4 and earlier, the D4-D7 signals were connected to PTD12..PTD15 and D0-D3 were not connected at all. As the same pins are used in the TWR-K40 board (which also features a 144-pin K40, but in a BGA package), the multiplexing configuration code can be copied from the TWR-K40 BSP. (see init_gpio.h)

The ESDHC controller should work now.

0 Kudos

carlos_chavez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marcus,

The source code can be found in the link below, with the IAR specific project files, which you may have already seen.  I apologize that it is not included in the zip file mentioned above.  I will work to make sure that it gets added, so that others can find it in the future.

With respect to the specific CW project files, I did not see the CodeWarrior specific project files as you requested, but I will check to see if we have them, but this may be all that we currently have at this moment. 

I hope that this helps.

Best Regards,

Carlos

https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/329844-261051/Embedded_Software.zip

cwolff
Contributor II

I know this is an OLD thread, but it's worth a shot...  Is there an updated source code package?  The source coded provided in Embedded_Software.zip either restarts or returns NULL when trying to open the SD card.  The binary provided in the AN4406SW.zip file works with the same SD card, so my spidey sense tells me that the source code is different between the two.  I need to modify the ezProg firmware so I can flash my application at multiple flash addresses.

0 Kudos

pk2
Contributor III

Are the Code Warrior files available?  Where

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Hi Marcus:

As you can read in AN4406:

"This document explains the use of the Kinetis KwikStik

development tool as a memory programmer (EzProg)"

You can find the EzProg mentioned before as part of AN4406SW (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4406SW.zip?fsrch=1&sr=9), when you unzip this folder you will find 3 new zip folders, one of them is "EzProg_fw".

If you want to know more about how to use KwikStik I recommend you to download KwikStik Demonstration Software and Lab Guide .

I hope it could be useful.

0 Kudos

marcusguenther
Contributor I

Hello Perla, thanx for your answer but unfortunatly it is useless. Please read my (whole) Text again.

0 Kudos