When will the BGA version of the MK56 or MK58 be available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the BGA version of the MK56 or MK58 be available?

Jump to solution
thousandparadox
Contributor I

Hello, When will the BGA version of the MK56 or MK58 be available? In the KV5XP144M220.pdf datasheet it says "The 144-pin MAPBGA package for this product is not yet available."

It also says it is available though the "Package Your Way program" but I doubt that is for applications in the 10's to 100's quantity that I will be using them for.

I could really use a smaller version of this MCU!

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I got the info from Kinetis Marketing team, the KV5x MAPBGA package product could be available launched at the end of Q2 2017.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I got the info from Kinetis Marketing team, the KV5x MAPBGA package product could be available launched at the end of Q2 2017.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

pch255
Contributor I

Any update on the BGA status of these parts? We are obviously way past Q2 2017.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Yes, MKV56F1M0VMD24 / MKV56F512VMD24 / MKV58F1M0VMD24 / MKV58F512VMD24 are all MAPBGA package.

Those chips are belong to "Package Your Way" program.

Visit nxp.com/KPYW for more details. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Mike

0 Kudos
pch255
Contributor I

Mike

Thanks for the response but you did not answer my question...

When will the MKV56 and MKV58 parts be available for purchase in the MAPBGA package?

Right now, no one is selling these.

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

The MKV56 and MKV58 chips with MAPBGA package need to use [Package Your Way for Kinetis® MCUs] way to get.

Please contact with your local NXP distributor to help.

Thank you for the understanding.

Have a great day,
Mike

0 Kudos
pch255
Contributor I

Mike

I have visited:

mouser.com

digikey.com

newark.com

avnet.com

None of these distributors even list the MAPBGA version of the MKV56 or MKV58.

When will these distributors have stock so I can purchase?

Peter

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

Did you contact with your local NXP distributor?

What's the NXP distributor's comment?

I do think NXP distributor should clear with Kinetis "Package Your Way" program. Thanks.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
arimendes
Contributor III

Ma Hui,

Can you also ask the Marketing team when the lower costs MKV56F512VLL24 and MKV58F512VLL24 will be available in the NXP store? 

Thanks,

Ari.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ari,

I will forward your voice to Marketing team. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos