Whay are the memory segments Dicontinuousin KEA-128???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whay are the memory segments Dicontinuousin KEA-128???

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I want to know why are the memory segments discontinuous in KEA-128???

MEMORY

{

m_interrupts (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0xC0

m_cfmprotrom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x10

m_text (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x00000800, LENGTH = 128K - 0x800

m_data   (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFFF000, LENGTH = 16K /* SRAM */

}

If I add the origin and Length then I am not able to get the the start address of the next segment???

Why is this this way???

what is the reason behind this???

4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

KEA128 contains two 64 KB flash block which consist of 128 sectors of 512 bytes.

The location of the region m_text (rx) and m_cfmprotrom(rx) both start from a complete new sector area, then they can be aligned property.

And you can plus a own segment in the memory, please refer to the attachment (The GUN linker) to achieve it.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi JeremyZhou,

I went into the linker file of KEA-128.

I didn't find two 64KB Flash Blocks???

I found only this

MEMORY

{

m_interrupts (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0xC0

m_cfmprotrom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x10

m_text (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x00000800, LENGTH = 128K - 0x800

m_data   (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFFF000, LENGTH = 16K /* SRAM */

}

1)I found only  a 128K block????

2)Can you provide me the Screenshots of Why m_cfmprotrom  and m_data start from a completely new sector,it will be helpful for my understanding?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1)I found only  a 128K block????

It's from the internal train materials and it's as same as the KEA128 contains a 128 block which which consist of 256 sectors of 512 bytes.

2) Can you provide me the Screenshots of Why m_cfmprotrom  and m_data start from a completely new sector,it will be helpful for my understanding?

It's the recommendation, not the strict rule.

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I want clarity on the second question.

0 Kudos