What is the behavior of the IO when the device is unpowered?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

What is the behavior of the IO when the device is unpowered?

跳至解决方案
550 次查看
leehonaker
Contributor I

I have a board with an MK60FX512VLQ15 on it with IO connected as control inputs to an LTM4609 DC/DC Regulator. When the uC is not powered, the IO appear to be logic '0' to the regulator. Unfortunately this regulator supplies power to the uC and the active low state is preventing it from turning on.

Does anyone know if the IO of an unpowered device are supposed to behave this way?

Thanks,

Lee

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
497 次查看
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lee Honaker:

Not sure I understand your setup.

- Does the MK60 control de regulator to turn off its own power but then you want the regulator to enable on its own?

- Can you share a schematic of your connections so we understand better?

When the MCU is not powered it does not drive the pins in either high or low level, so the behavior is unpredictable, you cannot rely on the pin to use it as a control signal. Maybe what you need is some kind of gate or a double pole switch to turn on the board and once the MCU started you can control the regulator with a pin.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
2 回复数
498 次查看
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lee Honaker:

Not sure I understand your setup.

- Does the MK60 control de regulator to turn off its own power but then you want the regulator to enable on its own?

- Can you share a schematic of your connections so we understand better?

When the MCU is not powered it does not drive the pins in either high or low level, so the behavior is unpredictable, you cannot rely on the pin to use it as a control signal. Maybe what you need is some kind of gate or a double pole switch to turn on the board and once the MCU started you can control the regulator with a pin.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 项奖励
497 次查看
leehonaker
Contributor I

Thanks Jorge. I agree, you can't predict the behavior of the IO when the MCU is unpowered. I recommended placing a pulldown on the control signal which would enable the regulator (active low enable) until the MCU was powered and configured. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I took an extended Christmas break!

God Bless,

Lee

0 项奖励