What do I do when my FRDM-K64F no longer shows up as a COM port or mass storage device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do when my FRDM-K64F no longer shows up as a COM port or mass storage device?

dave408
Senior Contributor II

I just copied my .bin from the mbed online IDE onto my FRDM-K64F, and this time it did not come up as a COM port in the Windows Device Manager.  So I reset it, and that didn't help.  Then I unplugged it and reconnected it, and windows just tells me "USB Device Not Recognized".  My code is running because the RGB LED is doing what it's supposed to do.  Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My guess is that this corrupted the firmware file (which runs on top of the bootloader). I suggest you reload/program the debug firmare.

See Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed how to do this.

Otherwise, this one might help: http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/04/19/recovering-frdm-k64f-mbed-board/

Maybe even your bootloader is corrupted. In that case, you will need a JTAG/SWD programmer (Segger J-Link or P&E Multilink).

Erich

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thank you, Erich!  I had more to say, but the forum isn't accepting the text from my previous reply for some reason...

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Dave408,

I have experienced familar issue, but I didn't fix it either, what I do is using the jlink firmware instead, please follow the steps listed in SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2 , I guess on your FRDM-64F, opensda is v1.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, I will look into it!

0 Kudos