Unable to Generate S-record File with KDS v3.2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Generate S-record File with KDS v3.2.0

pcpro178
Contributor III

I need help generating an S-record file with Kinetis Design Studio (KDS) v3.2.0.  I have checked the option to "Create flash image" in Project Properties >> C/C++ Build >> Settings >> Toolchains >> Create flash image, and I have selected the option for "Motorola S-record" in Project Properties >> C/C++ Build >> Settings >> Tool Settings >> Output file format.  Please see the attached screen captures.  I have also tried cleaning and rebuilding the project and searching my entire drive for *.srec and *.s19 files, all to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated.  As project completion looms nearer, this is becoming a critical sticking point.  Thanks so much.

UPDATE

Here are the last few lines from the Console window:

Finished building: C:/Projects/400-3028/trunk/Code/Application/3028_App/source/cal.c

Building target: 3028_App.elf
Invoking: Cross ARM C Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -Og -fmessage-length=0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -Wall -g -T "../MKL17Z256xxx4_flash.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections -L../../libraries -Wl,-Map,"3028_App.map" --specs=nano.specs -u _printf_float -specs=nosys.specs -Xlinker -z -Xlinker muldefs -o "3028_App.elf" ./startup/startup_MKL17Z4.o ./source/adc.o ./source/alarm.o ./source/avg.o ./source/btld.o ./source/cal.o ./source/crc.o ./source/db.o ./source/display.o ./source/err.o ./source/faw.o ./source/flash.o ./source/flow.o ./source/fs_math.o ./source/img.o ./source/lcd.o ./source/led.o ./source/main.o ./source/mcu.o ./source/menu.o ./source/opttext.o ./source/outputs.o ./source/ow.o ./source/prb.o ./source/pwm.o ./source/sciu.o ./source/sensor_mux.o ./source/sys.o ./source/tmr.o ./source/units.o ./source/wdog.o ./drivers/fsl_adc16.o ./drivers/fsl_clock.o ./drivers/fsl_cmp.o ./drivers/fsl_common.o ./drivers/fsl_cop.o ./drivers/fsl_dac.o ./drivers/fsl_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_dmamux.o ./drivers/fsl_flash.o ./drivers/fsl_flexio.o ./drivers/fsl_flexio_i2c_master.o ./drivers/fsl_flexio_i2s.o ./drivers/fsl_flexio_i2s_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_flexio_uart.o ./drivers/fsl_flexio_uart_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_gpio.o ./drivers/fsl_i2c.o ./drivers/fsl_i2c_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_llwu.o ./drivers/fsl_lptmr.o ./drivers/fsl_lpuart.o ./drivers/fsl_lpuart_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_pit.o ./drivers/fsl_pmc.o ./drivers/fsl_rcm.o ./drivers/fsl_rtc.o ./drivers/fsl_sai.o ./drivers/fsl_sai_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_sim.o ./drivers/fsl_smc.o ./drivers/fsl_spi.o ./drivers/fsl_spi_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_tpm.o ./drivers/fsl_uart.o ./drivers/fsl_uart_dma.o ./drivers/fsl_vref.o ./board/board.o ./board/clock_config.o ./CMSIS/system_MKL17Z4.o -ltds
Finished building target: 3028_App.elf

11:27:38 Build Finished (took 1s.79ms)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jim,

it would be helpful if you could post the last few things shown in the console view. That way it shows what is passed on the command line.

Does this problem only exists for that project, or as well for other projects?

My guess is that you are using custom build settings (see Traps and Pitfalls: No Hex/Bin/S19 File Created with GNU? | MCU on Eclipse ) which somehow prevent the S19 file to be generated.

Otherwise, you can simply do it from the commandline with something like this:

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O srec "myFile.elf"  "myFile.srec"

You find the objcopy in C:\nxp\KDS_3.2.0\Toolchain\bin

I hope tthis helps,

Erich

pcpro178
Contributor III

Hi Erich.  Thanks for the quick response.  I'll take a look at those items you mentioned.  I also updated my original post with the data from the console window that you requested.

0 Kudos