USBDM and MK20DN512ZVLL10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM and MK20DN512ZVLL10

lskelectronics
Contributor I

Hello, i have a problem with communication between the MK20DN512ZVLL10 MCU and the USBDM debugger. When i click to "Detect Chip" in ARM Flash programmer tool, It looks like it communicates (even on oscilloscope it looks well), but after few seconds of detecting chip, communication is terminated with an error message. I also found that the MCU is not on the list. Maybe it is not supported by USBDM? If this can be the case, is it possible to add it? I tried it on two boards with the same result so the MCU should be not damaged.

I will be happy for any suggestion.

Thank you

Jakub

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The ARM Flash programmer tool seems support MK20DN512ZVLL10.
Have you tried mass erase?

Known Issues USBDM.png

About the waveform on reset_b, for blank new chip(after mass erase) it's normal phenomenon.
If you flash a program for MK20DN512VLL10 to MK20DN512ZVLL10, then hard fault will cause the reset too.
If you have a debugger from PEMicro, you can halt the MCU by refer: Recovering Cortex-M Microcontroller with a Power Glitch 
If you have a debugger from Segger, you can refer: Communication error while accessing MDM-AP.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos