Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGRENT] Can't program brand new chip on K22F

Jump to solution
michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Hello,

my setup: Freedom K22F with MBED Firmware

custom board, cleanly soldered. Connections verified.

Problem: I cannot program the K22F MCU. The reset pin is oscillating (very short hight) and the programmer cannot reset the MCU.

Question: How can I program the MCU MK22FN512 now?

Please help quick, I'm in the hurry.

-Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Solved this issue by buying Segger JLink. Sorry to tell, but OpenOCD does not really work with custom boards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Solved this issue by buying Segger JLink. Sorry to tell, but OpenOCD does not really work with custom boards.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I would recommend customer update the FRDM-K22F OpenSDA V2.1 firmware with Segger J-Link firware (downloaded related J-Link firmware from here).

After the FRDM-K22F OpenSDA firmware updated to J-Link, customer can download [J-Link Software and Documents Pack], using J-Link Commander tool input "unlock Kinetis" command to unlock target MCU.

After that, customer can try using J-Link tool to program the target MCU.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos