Timegap between Reset and WDT interrupt trigered time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timegap between Reset and WDT interrupt trigered time

udaylearns
Contributor I

Hi, Am unable to execute my complete WDT ISR in K20D kinetis microcontroller , System is getting reset before few instructions in WDT interrupt are executed, how to increase this limitation

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Customer can add WDOG time-out value during the system initialization phase.

The WDOG register modification should within WCT (watchdog configuration time).

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

udaylearns
Contributor I

Do you mean to say that maximum amount of time in Watch dog ISR is WCT , which is 128 clock cycles?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

No. The WCT just watchdog configuration time. You could modify the WDOG timeout register value in code start up phase.

Then you could get enough time to execute the WDOG interrupt handle routine when WDOG interrupt happens.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

udaylearns
Contributor I

Hi Ma Hui .

I have increased the watch dog timeout value, but i didn't find my complete Watch dog ISR executing.

Can you mention the registers to be modified?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

1> Customer could modify below registers about watchdog time-out value:

Watchdog Time-out Value Register High (WDOG_TOVALH)  &

Watchdog Time-out Value Register Low (WDOG_TOVALL)

2> Customer also could feed the watchdog in watchdog interrupt service routine at very beginning.

3> Customer also could modify the watchdog clock source from bus clock to LPO clock to extend the watchdog time-out time.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos