The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU on FRDM-K64F.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU on FRDM-K64F.

pablorico
Contributor I

I'm using a FRDM-K64F and I uploaded the MBED firmware (0226_k20dx128_k64f_0x5000.bin) and then the example helloworld_k64f.bin to the board, but the program never runs and I got a txt file called FAIL and it says "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU", also the chip heats up. I've tried with other firmwares and I got similar issues, doesn't matter which firmaware I upload, I got the file "FAIL.txt". So I don't know if there's a way to solve this.

Also I've tried on the MCUExpresso IDE and I get a similar issue that the IDE cannot establish connection with the board.

I tried with the J-Link Comander tool with the command "unlock Kinetis", but I cannot connect with the board and I get the next issue: "Unlocking device... ERROR: Read from DP/AP register failed!". So, If you could help me, I would appreciate it.

Regards, Pablo.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pablo,

I would recommend to download [FRDM-K64F Quick Start Package(REV 4)] from below link:
http://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/board-support-packages/FRDM-K64F_QSP.zip 

After downloaded, please updated the FRDM-K64F OpenSDA V2 firmware with <k20dx128_k64f_if_mbed.bin>, which located at ..\FRDM-K64F_QSP\FRDM-K64F-QSP\OpenSDAv2 Applications folder.

After that, the FRDM-K64F board will be enumerated as USB disk named MBED, then you can plug the [precompile examples]:

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos