Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The I2C driver always returns error "kStatus_I2C_ArbitrationLost"

Jump to solution
gauravbanyal
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am trying to communicate with the various slaves I have on the I2C bus on my MKL03Z32 controller. However, the driver always returns error code "kStatus_I2C_ArbitrationLost".

I don't have a clue on why this is happening. The same code was working perfectly on a different schematics using the same uC. Additionally, the uC is the only bus master. So I don't understand why there should be arbitration and why this error is returned.

Please help.

Cheers,

Gaurav.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gaurav Banyal,

How many I2C devices you connect in the I2C bus?

When the problem happens, did you check the I2C bus wave, whether there has some other I2C device influence the I2C wave?

Please also attached the I2C wave, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gaurav Banyal,

How many I2C devices you connect in the I2C bus?

When the problem happens, did you check the I2C bus wave, whether there has some other I2C device influence the I2C wave?

Please also attached the I2C wave, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gauravbanyal
Contributor IV

As soon as I connected to the scope to the I2C slave test points, I figured that the slave was not getting powered. HW issue. When that was fixed, it worked like a charm.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gaurav Banyal,

Good and thank you for your updated information !

Actually, the I2C is not complicate, next time, if you meet the problem, the first thing is check the I2C bus wave, it will be useful to  locate the root problem.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos