cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR KM34Z50M ADC and Kinetis KDS

diegovalerio
Contributor II

Hi..!

I would like to use TWR KM34Z50M to measure a three phase system.

I want to use KDS but I don´t know how to do it. 

Has somebody an example of using an ADC of this board with Kinetis KDS?

Thanks.

Diego.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

MarMi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

TWR KM34Z50M examples are also included in Kinetis-M bare-metal drivers & examples package (KMSWDRVAPIRM_SW). Run KM128SWDRV_R4_1_5_KDS.exe to install support for your preferred device and tool chain. After installation, refer to readme.html file for list of examples and drivers.

Because you want to measure three phase system, you need to leverage both SD ADCs and SAR ADCs. The SD ADC must trigger SAR ADC operation. The basic 3-phase power meter application written using bare-metal drivers is attached for first reference. This application includes calls to filter-based metering library functions (AN4265​ & AN4265_SW​) to perform computing metering quantities

Kind regards,

Martin M.

charlesasquith
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

yes, we have plenty of examples located in our Kinetis Software Development Kit (KSDK).

To obtain the KSDK you'll want to:

1. Go to http://kex-stage.freescale.net/en/welcome
2. Build an SDK for your specific board. Make sure you build it properly for your IDE.
3. Download and unzip the compressed folder.
4. Inside the SDK folder that you just unzipped, click on boards->

twrkm34z50m->driver_examples->adc

5. Open the project, peruse the code as necessary, and build and run it if you would like.

Also, there are adc demo apps in boards->twrkm34z50m->demo_apps for further example.

0 Kudos