TWR-K70 MSD HOST Bootloader based on AN4368 source code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Community members!

Here you can find the source code of the MSD Host Bootloader implemented on the AN4368 document using the TWR-K70F120M and CodeWarrior 10.6 and a document that describes the migration process of the original source code for the TWR-K60N512 to a TWR-K70F120M and the steps to use the application.

Attached you will find a image.s19 file created to be used with the bootloader application as an example.

:smileyinfo: This document and code are intended to demonstrate the use of the AN4368 source code on a 120 MHz device and CodeWarrior 10.6 but is not replacing the work done on the application note.

I hope this can be helpful for you!

Best Regards,

Adrian

:smileyplus: If it was useful for you do not forget to click on the Like button. It would be nice!

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hi adriansc,

Thanks for the update. Is there a K70 version for MSD Device boot loader.

Actually i am facing an issue with the current MSD Device boot loader for K60.

In windows 8/8.1 when we try to copy and paste the .S19 file it is showing error because as soon as we paste or drag and drop into the drive, the drive disappears and windows shows error in copying. So i assume the image file is not loaded into the flash.

In windows 7, only after the completion of paste operation the drive disappears and the flashing is working. In this case the code is jumping to user application area.

Please let me know what is the issue in Windows 8. Will the provided code work on windows 8 or is it meant for only windows 7 etc?

Also we found that MAC PC is not even recognizing this device as Mass Storage.

Please let me know if there is any version of K70 boot loader code that will work for MAC, Windows 8 and Windows 7.

Also please let me know if there is any SD card boot loader available for K60/K70.

Thanks

Pramod

Hi,

I only tested the code on a Windows 7 PC. I was looking for some information and seems that this is a persistent problem with Windows 8 PC or later, The MSD support from Windows was modified by Microsoft on the Windows 8 release; that changed was not considered.

I will check if there is a fix for this issue and let you know as soon as I have something.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable response. Please let me know if there is a fix for MAC PC also.

Thanks

Pramod

It work fine. I just need to do some correction because the Boot was Max address for a K60 (512K) no for a K70 (1M)

Then I modified following:

#define MAX_FLASH_ADDRESS 0x0007FFFF 

to

#define MAX_FLASH_ADDRESS 0x000FFFFF 

and in main.c

1. uint_8 erase_flash(void) 
  2. /* Body */ 
  3.     uint_8 error = FALSE;
  4.     uint_8 i;
  5. [...]

to

uint_8 erase_flash(void) {