Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60D100M no CAN output

Jump to solution
Dannii
Contributor II

Hi,

i hava an issue with the K60D100M development board using the CAN connection. I used an Waveshare SN65HVD230 CAN board and connected it to the J11 connector side B Pin 41 and 42. When using the "flexcan interrupt transfer" example  it doesn't even send anything over the pins on the development board. Is there a possibility, that the pins I used might be wrong for the example. Cause I can't even measure anything at the 2 pin except a DC voltage around 3.3V on the TX pin (B42). Also is there a specific Jumper to have set that it works?

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

I don't have SN65HVD230 CAN board on hand, so I measure the waveform at B42(CAN TX) of J11.
Since I did not connect external CAN Transceiver on bus, so the waveform will be like this:

NewFile0.bmp

If you measure the DC voltage by using multimeter, then the voltage may be 3.3v. But you should observe the waveform by using oscilloscope instead of using multimeter.

I test it on TWR-K60D100M board and select Node A through serial terminal then trigger transmission.

twrk60d100m_driver_examples_flexcan_interrupt_transfer.jpgselect Node A and then trigger transmission.jpg

B42.jpg

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

I don't have SN65HVD230 CAN board on hand, so I measure the waveform at B42(CAN TX) of J11.
Since I did not connect external CAN Transceiver on bus, so the waveform will be like this:

NewFile0.bmp

If you measure the DC voltage by using multimeter, then the voltage may be 3.3v. But you should observe the waveform by using oscilloscope instead of using multimeter.

I test it on TWR-K60D100M board and select Node A through serial terminal then trigger transmission.

twrk60d100m_driver_examples_flexcan_interrupt_transfer.jpgselect Node A and then trigger transmission.jpg

B42.jpg

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Dannii
Contributor II

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I did it exactly like you and bevore I always used the console output from the MCUXpresso IDE. But after switching to the terminal everything seems to work! Kinda weired but its working now!

0 Kudos