Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSS 3.1 C++ wrapper question :)

kazola
Contributor III

Hi,

I just built the FRDMKL05Z_DEMO_CPP example :smileyhappy:

However, size is soooo big, close to maximum 32K.

text   data    bss    dec    hex    filename
  26860     48   3644      30552   7758    FRDMKL05Z_DEMO_CPP.elf
  26860     48   3644      30552   7758    (TOTALS)

1. Code optimization is maximum (-Os). Is there a way to shrink the size of this library down? For example, I'm just using ASlider, I do not need Rotary functions, perhaps I can omit them? :smileyhappy:
  2. Also, does this library contains any code for proximity functions? I think not! Let me know again :smileyhappy:
  3. Finally, which is the smallest code needed for proximity + touch functions? With Processor Expert and no C++ wrapper I have been able to achieve, around 20 K, as far as I remember.

Please let me know your thoughts about the 3 questions! Have a nice day.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

0xc0170
Contributor I

Hi,

you should definitely look at your makefile / project settings. Probably using CW, so there is still space for improvement. When I build this demo in IAR, this are sizes reported in the map file

19 892 bytes of readonly  code memory

1 446 bytes of readonly  data memory

1 649 bytes of readwrite data memory

You can always squeeze some bytes also checking the TSS config and turn off funtionality which you dont need.

Regards,

0xc0170

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kazola

unfortunately the Simple Low Level function is not available for the kinetis family, this only works for the S08 and the coldfire V1,

but I create a simple code with PE that set the Aslider  with only one control and I get

text data   bss   dec   hex    filename
  23460   36   820      24316

5efc    FRDMKL05Z_TSS_PE.elf

this is not 20K but is less than 30K

Have a great day,
Vicente

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos